NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Must be Doing Something Wrong with TV Listings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Thought I was doing everything according to the wiki directions, but here's the stuff not working with TV Listings:
  • No long descriptions, star-rating, etc.
  • Got to "Find More" popup, see the "Ready" and "Pending" episodes, but can't find "Create Link" to select
  • Selected genres, but there is no colorization in listings even though I changed TV Listings.xml setting for "ShowGenreColor" to True
  • Sort order only works for a few views, not "any view". Would like to sort "What's New" & "Pending" from A-Z
  • Changed "ListingsMinutes" in TV Listings.xml to 300 but listing still shows default 120 minutes
Used TV Listings (not TV Guide) to schedule a couple of NCAA football game and subsequent programs to see if NextEnd would work for me but nothing was recorded, although this morning they are all listed in the "Pending" view. So, at this point I have no questions or comments about NextEnd or ComSkip.

Any help with what I may be doing wrong with TV Listings?
GWCowling323 Wrote:Thought I was doing everything according to the wiki directions, but here's the stuff not working with TV Listings:
  • No long descriptions, star-rating, etc.
  • Got to "Find More" popup, see the "Ready" and "Pending" episodes, but can't find "Create Link" to select
  • Selected genres, but there is no colorization in listings even though I changed TV Listings.xml setting for "ShowGenreColor" to True
  • Sort order only works for a few views, not "any view". Would like to sort "What's New" & "Pending" from A-Z
  • Changed "ListingsMinutes" in TV Listings.xml to 300 but listing still shows default 120 minutes
Used TV Listings (not TV Guide) to schedule a couple of NCAA football game and subsequent programs to see if NextEnd would work for me but nothing was recorded, although this morning they are all listed in the "Pending" view. So, at this point I have no questions or comments about NextEnd or ComSkip.

Any help with what I may be doing wrong with TV Listings?

You may have missed this post in your prior thread:
johnsonx42 Wrote:It does seem like Alibert has lost interest... he's not been on the forum since July, and TV Listings is in need of an update to work correctly with 3.8.3 (in fact it's not been updated for nearly two years now). As Martin correctly says, the stock TV Guide does most of what you want now anyway.

As Johnson42 said, the current version of TV Listings needs to be updated to work correctly with the latest version (3.8.3) of NextPVR.

Additionally, when asking for support, you need to post the entire contents of your logs folder not just selective files that you think are relevant. (For example, in this case, the files you included in your post did not include when you attempted to schedule new recordings with TV Listings.)

I would strongly echo Martin's and Johnson's recommendations that you not try to implement the TV Listings (and TV Recordings) plug-ins since they are no longer fully functional and do not seem to be supported/maintained any longer.
TV Listings displays the same program description as the built NextPVR TV Guide ... the difference is that TV Guide truncates long descriptions and TV Listing allows long descriptions to be scrolled.

Stars are displayed for me in TV Listings. Does your EPG source include star ratings?

Create Link is there. In the Find More popup ... Click on Listings and then click on The TVDB ... Select a show from the list and click on that show and Create Link will be at the bottom of the popup.

Did you see this in the TV Listings wiki entry ...

Quote:To colorize the programmes in the listings, the plugin uses the color definitions from npvr (configurable via the settings form, section "Misc2").

The button is now in top right of the Settings --> Misc2 ... Double click a genre to select a colour ... check the ticks before you click OK to close the dialog.

You can set the sort order for Whats New in the Settings --> TV Listings

Plus you can change the sort order for a list in TV Recordings by selecting the sort menu item in the menu to the left of the list ... The bottom screenshot at ... http://nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Plugin.TVListings ... shows the Pending list ... You can change the sort order by click on the menu item "Date (asc)" in the left menu.

300 minutes may be a bit ambitous ... What happens if you change ListingsMinutes to 180?

You may find that the problems that Mr X42 and Mr B are reporting with TV Listings only affect those that don't use the plugin. Those of us that do use the plugin may have fewer problems. For example, I have used TV Listings without incident for years and have noticed no problems after upgrading to the latest version of NextPVR.
I am not convinced the OP has the basics down enough to be worrying about plugins. Posts like this concern me. Failed recordings from yesterday should not be Pending they should be failed. What we need is full logs so we can see what happened on Saturday

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I am not convinced the OP has the basics down enough to be worrying about plugins. Posts like this concern me. Failed recordings from yesterday should not be Pending they should be failed. What we need is full logs so we can see what happened on Saturday

I agree, Martin. I seem to recall that one of the issues with TV Listings (at least at one point) was that it was "getting confused" with where to use UTC and where to use local time and it was causing things to get scheduled for the next day or something like that. It might have only been a problem when a recording spanned the day change in either UTC or local time or when a recording was specified to only be on certain week days. I don't recall the specifics, but whatever they are, the OP really needs to focus on getting things working correctly with the built-in system functions and currently supported add-ons before trying to use other unsupported add-ons.
BrettB Wrote:I would strongly echo Martin's and Johnson's recommendations that you not try to implement the TV Listings (and TV Recordings) plug-ins since they are no longer fully functional and do not seem to be supported/maintained any longer.

Decided to follow this recommendation. Removed TV Listings files from C:\Program Files.... and C:\users\Public... Then noticed nothing has been recorded since I copied those files there on Oct. 20. In Plugin settings, TV Listings & TV Recordings still appeared so I unchecked them. Said change required restart, so I did that. Tried to record a program a short while ago, but it didn't work. Would like to get back to last week and deal with my improved knowledge of NextPVR as Martin suggested. But, most importantly, I want to get back to being able to record programs.
GWCowling323 Wrote:Decided to follow this recommendation. Removed TV Listings files from C:\Program Files.... and C:\users\Public... Then noticed nothing has been recorded since I copied those files there on Oct. 20. In Plugin settings, TV Listings & TV Recordings still appeared so I unchecked them. Said change required restart, so I did that. Tried to record a program a short while ago, but it didn't work. Would like to get back to last week and deal with my improved knowledge of NextPVR as Martin suggested. But, most importantly, I want to get back to being able to record programs.
Did you actually have recordings pending for those days? If so, what error message do you see listed on them in the Recordings screen.

The logs generally look (albeit with very little activity on the 23rd).

While you're getting the hang of things, you'll probably want to keep an eye on the Recordings->Pending list. If you think there is recordings that should be there but aren't, hit the 'update EPG' button, let it complete (since it logs the processing season recordings), then post the logs and let us know some example show names/times should have been scheduled but weren't, and we'll do some analysis for you. There is a usually a good reason why they haven't been scheduled, like you've recently recorded or deleted that episode, or you had conflicts with the tuner being used for other activities, or they're outside the timeslot or other rules for the recurring recording you set up.
sub Wrote:Did you actually have recordings pending for those days? If so, what error message do you see listed on them in the Recordings screen.

What should have been recorded since the 20th only shows up in "Pending" and when I double click on them there is no kind of error message
GWCowling323 Wrote:What should have been recorded since the 20th only shows up in "Pending" and when I double click on them there is no kind of error message

Is there a recording in Pending that should have recorded on 21 or 22 or 23 or 24 October?

Are there any entries in Whats New for 21 or 22 or 23 or 24 and do they show an error message when you double-click on them?

If the answer to both questions is "no" ... it is likely that nothing was scheduled to record on those days ... it may be that all of your recordings are scheduled for, for example, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
sub Wrote:While you're getting the hang of things, you'll probably want to keep an eye on the Recordings->Pending list. If you think there is recordings that should be there but aren't, hit the 'update EPG' button, let it complete (since it logs the processing season recordings), then post the logs and let us know some example show names/times should have been scheduled but weren't, and we'll do some analysis for you. There is a usually a good reason why they haven't been scheduled, like you've recently recorded or deleted that episode, or you had conflicts with the tuner being used for other activities, or they're outside the timeslot or other rules for the recurring recording you set up.

Should have recorded Through the Decades 7:00-8:00 AM today.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5