NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to get NPVR to use custom artwork?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some recurring manual recordings scheduled and I would like to create custom artwork that would be displayed in the NPVR program as well as on the web server.

I tried putting a picture named "Fox Sunday _.landscape.jpg" into "C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows", as well as a file named "Fox Sunday _-catalog.xml" containing the following
Code:
<Catalog>
  <Version>1</Version>
  <Poster>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows\Fox Sunday _.landscape.jpg</Poster>
  <FanArt>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows\Fox Sunday _.landscape.jpg</FanArt>
  <Banner>C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows\Fox Sunday _.landscape.jpg</Banner>
</Catalog>
but that doesn't cause that picture to be used for the recording named "Fox Sunday". What am I doing wrong?
Try deleting all the files from C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Thumbs, then try running the app again. This directory contains a cache of the images, already resized for the various places the app needs to display them.
sub Wrote:Try deleting all the files from C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Thumbs, then try running the app again. This directory contains a cache of the images, already resized for the various places the app needs to display them.

I tried that, and restarting the recording service, and rebooting the pc, and pressing the "clear cached artwork" button in Settings>Artwork, and still no joy.
If you want to zip up your npvr.db3, your image and catalog file, I'll take a look for you.
Files attached.
It's a little complicated in this situation because you only have pending recordings for this show. For the most part the Recordings screen only shows artwork for 'ready' recordings. For all the other lists, the black panel on the right of the screen is used to show episode information, sourced from the guide data used (or nothing in the case of manual recordings).

Normally on a show scheduled from the guide, when you hit ok on a pending recording, it's show a popup with the show details and any artwork for that show. It wasn't looking for artwork for Fox Sunday because it was a manually scheduled show. I've tweaked the next build to allow for manual recording artwork there too.

That said, it was looking for "Fox Sunday-catalog.xml" not "Fox Sunday _-catalog.xml", so I had to rename the file to get it to show.