NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Stutter when server being used
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed that when my son is playing on the pc that hosts NextPVR and I'm steaming through the iOS app, the display stutters. Is there a way to protect and prioritize the connection between my app and the pc, and keep the streaming strong? If so, how do I do that? I want to prioritize my streaming over his playing.
Streaming won't be the issue ffmpeg needs a lot of CPU. If your backend is compatible consider h/w encoding.

In config.xml look for libx264

for Intel Quicksync change it to: h264_qsv
for nVidia NVENC change it to: libnvenc

Martin
Light usage on the PC shouldn't upset things. If he's gaming or something doing something that uses a heap of CPU, all bets are off.

I can try adding a setting in config.xml for the next build to bump up the priority of the transcoder.
His gaming is minecraft.... which takes up more CPU or memory power than I would have thought Smile
I think I have quick sync so I edited the config file. Regardless, changing it to high priority seemed to do the trick. I found a way to try to keep it in that mode permanently so hopefully that should help me out. Thanks!