NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hard drive failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a hard drive failure this weekend. Got a lot of the files back from Carbonite but am having a lot of difficulty with NPVR, specifically with getting Schedules Direct working again. I can check into their site so I know my password, etc. is correct but trying to get them to work with my channels is not working. I seem to recall I had to make a change in config concerning them (SD-JSON) but I don't remember what I did. Can anyone give me a clue?
Do you have a backup of config.xml or config.xml.old? If so you can copy the username and password which is pretty easy

If not go into Setup->Channels pick an SD channel hit Details and then click the [..] button and enter your info.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Do you have a backup of config.xml or config.xml.old? If so you can copy the username and password which is pretty easy

If not go into Setup->Channels pick an SD channel hit Details and then click the [..] button and enter your info.

Martin

There was an config.xml.old which actually appears to be a Carbonite backup. Copied and pasted it into config and restarted. That let me activate Schedules Direct like I'm used to. Don't have any program listings yet (altho it indicated it was repropogating) but things are looking better than they were. Now, I'm back to the same old problem of my HTPC being unable to see the npvr.db3, even though I can go to it easily from the HTPC and can play videos on the server by using VLC. I just don't understand why this has to be so difficult to accomplish. I even copied the database address from the server and pasted it into the client and it still says it can't see it. There has to be an easier way to get the client to work with the server!