NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge HVR-1200 (DVB-T) - stopped working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been happily using my Hauppauge HVR-1200 (DVB-T) card for a few months now and all of a sudden it seems like it's just died. It won't give a signal in either NPVR or in the Hauppauge WinTV 8 software. I've had reception issues in the past and thought it might have been that again. The Hauppauge DVB-T Signal Monitor tool shows no signal, however the feed is split into my TV which shows a strong signal. I've tried removing the splitter and plugging directly into the capture card but that doesn't work either. Can they just die like that? Anyone know anything I could try to get it going again, or diagnose the issue??

Many thanks in advance.
@sub - I believe you've mentioned in the past that you work for Hauppauge - anything I could try here?

Last night I tried uninstalling all Hauppauge software and reinstalling (including drivers), but still no dice. When I start WinTV8 the HVR1200 is not even showing up as a device in the settings, but it's still listed in Device Manager and says it's working properly with driver version from 2016.
mattyb Wrote:@sub - I believe you've mentioned in the past that you work for Hauppauge - anything I could try here?
I used to work for Hauppauge. I don't anymore.

If you're definitely feeding it a good signal, but it's not working in either WinTV or NextPVR, then it's sounding like the device isn't in a functional state.

If you want to post the logs showing an attempted scan, I'll see if anything stands out.
Hmmm.. at the moment I can't get it show up in devices so I can't do a scan. Might be a dead duck. Any ideas on cheap replacement? I only want to use it to record DVB-T Freeview channels.

Maybe this?

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products...olohd.html
I haven't had to buy a tuner in a while, so I don't know what the prices are, but the Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD stick is pretty good, and I think it's available in NZ.

This is the dual tuner version of solo. The solo is good too.
mattyb Wrote:Hmmm.. at the moment I can't get it show up in devices so I can't do a scan. Might be a dead duck. Any ideas on cheap replacement? I only want to use it to record DVB-T Freeview channels.
Do you see it listed in the Device Manager?
sub Wrote:Do you see it listed in the Device Manager?

Yes. Though it's not listed in Devices in WinTV8 settings.
Can you run filtercheck.exe from the NextPVR directory and post the filtercheck.log?
sub Wrote:Can you run filtercheck.exe from the NextPVR directory and post the filtercheck.log?

Will do tonight.
sub Wrote:Can you run filtercheck.exe from the NextPVR directory and post the filtercheck.log?

Here you go.
Pages: 1 2