NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Does a show's end-time in the guide override the end-time in a manual recording?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

As mentioned in another thread, SchedulesDirect has quit on me. So I tried to record a two-hour show using manual recording. I set the start-time for 8 pm and the end-time for 10 pm. The recording started correctly at 8, but stopped at precisely 8:30 pm.

Strangely, the "Date Modified" field in WinXP shows "10:00 pm" (as if that was when the file was closed), but the file-length is one quarter of what it should be, MediaInfo says that it is only 29:57 long, and it does end after 30 minutes when I play it.

Because SchedulesDirect is broken, the guide shows "(no show details)" every half-hour on every channel. In other words, every show is represented as being only one half-hour long in the guide. Could this be why the recording stopped after a half-hour? Or is there something else that could be wrong?

NextPVR is truly a great program, but this is not the first time it has had my wife singing the praises of Tivo. And it's typically been a problem with SchedulesDirect.
If you create a manual recording, it's start and end times are what you set (plus padding). ie, not related to any guide information.

Given the Date Modified shows 10pm, I'm guessing it did attempt to record for the full time, only closing the file at 10pm when it was due to finish, but your capture device stopped delivering data earlier so it didn't write data for some portion of that recording.

If you want to post your logs, and let us know the time of the recording, we can check if anything happened around that time.
Did you have any other "manual recordings" scheduled to start between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM? Like around 8:30 PM.
Hi Sub,

Thanks for looking. I tried looking, but had no idea where to look or what to look for. Here's the Log files, as of now. The recording was last night, 07-Nov-16, 8:00 pm PDT.

The tuner is a twin-tuner HDHR running ATSC.

Hi scJohn,

No, I had nothing else scheduled.
There is no obvious interruption to the recording. It's like NextPVR was attempting to record the entire time, but the HDHR stopped delivering data.
Make sure your HDHR is in Default mode not NextPVR and in XP don't forget DVBFix if you have been playing around with updates thinking it will help the SD issue.

Martin