NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently replaced my dual tuner card with a Hauppauge Quad Tuner card.
NextPVR server treats the new quad tuner like it is a dual tuner card.
The NextPVR server kicks off clients when a recording is started even when there are two unused tuners available.
I'm running Windows 10 with a dual core processor.
Will NextPVR be updated soon to properly handle quad tuner cards?
Maybe upload the logs to show the problem. For analog I think sub wrote this only has 2 tuners.

Martin
jmooremcc Wrote:I recently replaced my dual tuner card with a Hauppauge Quad Tuner card.
NextPVR server treats the new quad tuner like it is a dual tuner card.
The NextPVR server kicks off clients when a recording is started even when there are two unused tuners available.
I'm running Windows 10 with a dual core processor.
Will NextPVR be updated soon to properly handle quad tuner cards?

I have the Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card and it works with NextPVR.

In the attached pictures you will see the devices page and then 2 status captures. The one with only Simon and Simon recording is what was a scheduled recording. The screen cap with several recordings I started quick recording channels, including subchannels, for the purpose of demonstration for this post. I have 3 different PBS main stations with 7 subchannels. 14.1,14.2,14.3 etc. and another channel with 5 subchannels. 20.1,20.2,20.3. I could record 26 shows with my channel lineup at once if I wanted too.

I don't know what your issue is.

I did have to export my channels and import them into each device to get all tuners recording.

Maybe upload your logs and take a few snippets so we understand what your issue is and help you get your quad working.

Windows has a good snippet maker. Just hit the window button on your keyboard and start typing snip and it will show up in your list.[ATTACH=CONFIG]43410[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43412[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]43411[/ATTACH]
I have the Hauppauge Quad Tuner Card and the Dual Hauppauge Tuner Card with FM (HVR-2255) in the same computer. They work fine if you install the WinTV8 which updates the drivers as it installs. I found the separate driver install does not work well with these tuner cards. Hope this helps.