NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can anyone confirm if any of these dvb-s2 + CI combos work with NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I'm stuck with USB as I can't find a low profile pcie card. So can anyone confirm one way or the other compatibility of any of the following-

Techno trend

TT-connect_S2-4650_CI
TT-connect__S2-3650_CI

TBS
tbs Qbox 5980 or its dual tuner 5990 equivalent

Digital devices - not heard of this lot before but looks high end...
http://www.dvbshop.net/navi.php?a=34206&lang=eng

Any works/doesn't work feedback would be great.
To sort of answer my own question so my future self doesnt take the same cul de sacs....

The 3650 does not pick up S2 transponders in NPVR, I could not confirm if the CI is supported because all the channels that are encrypted with my card are on S2. I expect it does not autodetect the pilot and rolloff values for S2 tuning- I seem to remember I had the same issue on a TT internal card many years ago.

The 4650 scans s2 ok, but I cant get the CI to work, further digging reveals that the 4650 is a reboxed dvbsky product which probably explains that.

Sooooo. a few pounds poorer and not much further forward with WAF....balls are aching!

Sub....did you ever figure out techno-trend S2 tuning parameters?

Or any plans to support dvbsky CI?

(I think I know the answer)

Dont even start me on newcs mdapi etc... I do not appear to possess the vocabulary to comprehend the details.
Anything CI related is difficult for me these days - after my cable company changed technology a couple of years ago, I no longer have any CAM or smartcard I can use for this type of testing. In the past, TechnoTrend budget CI, WinTV-CI, and FireDTV CI worked in NextPVR. I've not tested them for a couple of years though.

Regarding DVB-S2 tuning. Most DVB-S2 devices these days to auto rolloff/pilot detection when tuning DVB-S2, so ineffect DVB-S and DVB-S2 are identical to the application, and it does nothing special for DVB-S2. The only old-school DVB-S2 tuners the app supported, which required NextPVR to explicitly pass in rolloff/pilot info, were Hauppauge Tuners (HVR-3000/4000 etc). There was no standards around this DVB-S2 tuning stuff though, so each manufacturer did it there own proprietary way. NextPVR supported the Hauppauge way of doing this, but not other manufacturers proprietary methods.

Quote:Or any plans to support dvbsky CI?
Maybe. If you wanted to offer up a machine I could remotely connect to for a few days, to test stuff, then I might be able to add support for it. (assuming I can find some info on their APIs)
[QUOTE]Maybe. If you wanted to offer up a machine I could remotely connect to for a few days, to test stuff, then I might be able to add support for it. (assuming I can find some info on their APIs)/QUOTE]

Sub I've got no issues with giving you access, its been a long time since I had to do that so I dont have anything on the box right now. I assume VNC is the option of choice?

Dvbsky CI would get me out of a hole....and save me f'ing around with IPTV streaming from dvbviewer.

Id have loved to have got newcs working with a phoenix but ive already spent hours trying to figure out how ....so far Ive not managed to get the card server part working. I also looked at oscam but jeez the number of cofig options and noob unfriendly terminology means I just run out of time.
VNC, TeamViewer or Remote Desktop would be ok.

If you'd had the server side of newcs working, I could have checked the NextPVR side was finding everything it needed etc. I cant provide too much help with newcs unfortunately.
Ok VNC set-up and works on my phone via 4G - so you should be able to connect. I've mapped a handful of channels to the device 1 HD, a couple of SD and one unencrypted. For whatever reason the encrypted SD channels seem to suddenly work - the HD is still dark/no sound.

I'm out of my depth now so have no idea why a) the SD channels would work or b) why decrypting HD would be any different to SD.....but it may be not CI related.

Anyway see if VNC is working your end PM of details on its way.
If your smartcard is not hardware paired with any CAM (or STB) you should be fine using only NewCS and Acamd for decryption and forget about the CI/CAM's Smile
As far as I could find out the card is not paired...I would like to get newcs working but just ran out of time to get my head around it.

I was going to tap you up for some help when I get back around to it. I'm not even sure what "success" looks like in the newcs logs.
Elmo Putney Wrote:As far as I could find out the card is not paired...I would like to get newcs working but just ran out of time to get my head around it.

I was going to tap you up for some help when I get back around to it. I'm not even sure what "success" looks like in the newcs logs.
LOL Big Grin when it says "Newcamd thread started at <portnumber>" you'r pretty much in business Smile I'm in the process of setting up a cardserver myself for a Conax paired card to service my DVB-S2 tuners so I'll get a good rerun of all the quirks about it. I'll be glad to help in any way I can Smile