NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Scheduled_Recording Status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am interested in manually changing database contents using SQLite. In particular, data in the "status" column of the "scheduled_recording table". What are the possible values for this column and what does each value mean?

Thanks...
0=pending
1=currently recording
2=completed
3=failed
5=conflict

I don't know if 4 means anything, or if sub had some planned use for 4 that didn't materialize.

There used to be a feature with GB-PVR, afaik it ever made it to NextPVR, where you could pre-select a live program to automatically start playing whenever it started; this would have been a scheduler function, maybe 4 had been reserved for that.
Many thanks, johnsonx42. Your guess about the 4 sounds like a pretty good guess. Maybe sub will check-in.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Yeah, 4 isn't used at this stage. I did have something in mind for it, but it wasn't implemented.
sub Wrote:Yeah, 4 isn't used at this stage. I did have something in mind for it, but it wasn't implemented.

Can we each guess what we thought 4 was going to be used to designate? I have a couple of ideas: Like that movie "The Ring" where everybody that watched a video died within 24 hours, you would use "4" to mark a program that caused people to die within 24 hours. Or, if there was a show that sub thought was so good that everybody should see it, a "4" would mean that NPVR would automatically record it for everybody. Smile
lol
ElihuRozen Wrote:Or, if there was a show that sub thought was so good that everybody should see it, a "4" would mean that NPVR would automatically record it for everybody. Smile
nah, we don't want our hard drives filling up with reruns of the Gilmore Girls and all the Real Housewives shows Big Grin
I recall a long time ago wanting a sort of "reminder" recurring recording type where you could put in a title or keyword or some other custom SQL statement, and the program would schedule all these recordings as if they were real, but wouldn't actually do the recordings; they'd just show up as "Reminders" in the Pending recording list, and would be highlighted in a different color in the TV Guide (perhaps Blue, as it was in the old GB-PVR feature I mentioned above).

A usage example would be to create a "reminder" for all programs containing the word "Christmas", and then you'd see all Christmas programs highlighted in the TV Guide, and listed in "Pending". Then you'd watch or record any specific ones that caught your interest. I don't want to just record them all, there are hundreds.

Another example would be to create a "reminder" for NFL Football or MLB Baseball, and then you'd always have football and baseball games highlighted in the guide and listed in the Pending list. No, I don't want to actually record them. (yes, I know that particular example could be partially covered with Genre coloring, but it's really not the same thing)

So, let's get this going, and use "4" for these not-real recordings. (hmm... maybe the "sub watches girl shows" joke was ill timed if I want a new feature?)
johnsonx42 Wrote:A usage example would be to create a "reminder" for all programs containing the word "Christmas", and then you'd see all Christmas programs highlighted in the TV Guide, and listed in "Pending". Then you'd watch or record any specific ones that caught your interest. I don't want to just record them all, there are hundreds.

NEWA and Searchlite have saved searches that do as list format. Not sure I want to have them all in the recording database. The table join would be a bit of a kludge to update the EPG

Quote:Another example would be to create a "reminder" for NFL Football or MLB Baseball, and then you'd always have football and baseball games highlighted in the guide and listed in the Pending list. No, I don't want to actually record them. (yes, I know that particular example could be partially covered with Genre coloring, but it's really not the same thing)

This is exactly how I ever so briefly used the 4 status files before. They were blue in the guide and I could auto start NHL Hockey games in Live TV so I didn't miss them if I was home and NextPVR was running. This would be my vote for a return.

For use of a new status

- time shifting for web client,
- auto record favourite channels(s) with auto delete to start watching current show from beginning.
- record alternate endings to elections and sports when yhou don't like the results.

Martin