NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR + Smargo + Sat Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys!

I'm new to NextPVR and so far i like it very much. Thank you for this great software.

I try to migrate my Linux HTPC to Windows. My Linux install run Kodi, a Tvheadend server with Oscam + Smargo cardreader and my ORF TV Card in it. So far i got Oscam (cygwin) on Windows running, card detection runs fine now But i have no idea how to get NextPVR using Oscam or the Smargo. Found some tutorials from years ago involving plugins like acamd or wincsc and i did load them but no idea how to decrypt my ORF card or even config the cardreader.

So my basic question is: How do i configure NextPVR and a Smargo cardreader?

Thank you!
I've never used Oscam myself, but I have used other multdec plugins with other card servers. The general steps are:

1) You setup and run Oscam on your machine, with it configured to use your Smargo reader.
2) Add ffdecsa.dll to your 'c:\program files (x86)\npvr' directory. See attached.
3) Go into Settings->Devices, double click your device, and set the CI/CAM setting to 'Multidec', and the instances to 1, and ok out of settings to save this.
4) Add a multidec plugin to talk to your Oscam setting in the tuner directory that has been created for you in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\MDPlugins
5) Edit your multidec plugin's config file to point to your Oscam server.
Thank you for your fast replay. I run NextPVR 3.9.2(161119). I did the steps above now twice and used Hadu_CCCam_DVB_plugin_beta0.127. Now i can't eve watch the non encrypted channels, after a unusual long "...please wait.." i get the error "Unable to communicate with recording service". There is a connect and disconnect at the same time for the Oscam-Hadu user in the Oscam logo so i guess at least this part is correct.

In the NextPVR logs i find in the NPVR.log at the end a "Exception rethrown at [0]"

Code:
Exception rethrown at [0]:
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   bei NShared.IRecordingService.StartStream(Int32 channelOID, String target, Int32 previousHandle, ChannelMapping& channelMapping, String& reason)
   bei NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.StartStream(Int32 channelOID, String target, Int32 previousHandle, ChannelMapping& channelMapping, String& reason)
2016-12-26 18:48:21.213    [DEBUG][1]    storing Position (1):100,112
2016-12-26 18:48:21.213    [DEBUG][1]    storing Size (1):789,473
2016-12-26 18:48:21.219    [INFO][1]    Exiting...
2016-12-26 18:48:21.219    [INFO][1]    Done.

I did copy the Hadu dll and ini into C:\Users\Public\NPVR\MDPlugins\Professional DVB Digital TV DVB2 1 #1-1\.

Maybe the plugin/version of it does not work? Would you suggest i should use other plugins?
I don't remember anyone using Hadu in the past. I know some people were using acamd to talk to Oscam.
I would recommend using NewCS as a cardserver and Acamd to decrypt the shows (in connection with ffdecsa.dll). That way one card can service several tuners Smile