NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live tv osd channel name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
for the channels with no logo, is it possible to get the channel name to appear on the live tv on screen display?
You could try editing C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Skin\Default\Players\LiveTV.xml and adding something like the following (below the line that has "@channelNumber")

<Text text="@channelName" location="1.1,38.63" size="17,10.4" font="Default" align="Center" valign="bottom"/>
bilbopvr Wrote:for the channels with no logo,

May I ask what source are you using for logos?

If it is the UK Freeview & Freesat Logos from the Wiki, I try to keep them up to date with all free to air channels.
Occasionally the names found by NPVR are different to the file names of the logo so one or the other needs changing.

Also I could be open to requests for obscure logos. (UK or NZ)
Lol Thank you for your kind offer, I have managed to get most of them sorted now already, with the help of your logo pack and some tweaking as you say, looking good.
sub Wrote:You could try editing C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Skin\Default\Players\LiveTV.xml and adding something like the following (below the line that has "@channelNumber")

<Text text="@channelName" location="1.1,38.63" size="17,10.4" font="Default" align="Center" valign="bottom"/>

Thank you this is interesting, can other parts of the gui be amended in a similar fashion?
Yes, quite often.

Keep in mind that the installer doesn't expect you to have made skin alterations though, and these files will be overwritten next time you run the installer - so keep a extra copy of any files you update.
If you make a copy of the Default skin folder and rename it you can use this for your ammendments and it wont be overwritten when you run the installer.
To use the new folder change the setting in Setttings - General - Active Skin.