NextPVR Forums

Full Version: comskip works and doesn't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I run the NextPVR app, recordings with .edl files are respected and the commercials are skipped as they should be. If I playback using the web interface (i.e. http://localhost:8866), the commercials are back. Is this as it should be? Is there a way to configure web interface playback to respect the .edl files?
Yep, that's correct. The web application can't use the .edl files at this stage.

The web frontend and player is a fairly recent addition. It's possible it'll support .edl files in the future, but it's not currently there.
sub Wrote:It's possible it'll support .edl files in the future, but it's not currently there.

With transcoding doesn't seeking assume the skip points are already the HLS file? That might be hard to determine on the fly.

Martin
I haven't looked into edl support in the web player yet, so don't have any concrete feedback to offer at this stage. It could maybe done at transcode time (using the edl to exclude sections of video from the stream produced), or at playback time (with the player monitoring the playback position and forcing a skip when playback reaches areas indicate adverts).