NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Capture box for STB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could this be a suitable capture device for NPVR in connection with a STB and blaster? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VOXLINK-...169801cc8c
It isn't clear but it seems like it records raw video and audio (no mention of h264 transcoding) or mpeg-2 output. Because of the DirectShow support it might work with Network Recorder but this isn't the first time you have asked about one of these Chinese boxes with unknown support and I'd avoid them like the plague.

The Hauppauge HDPVR and Colossus devices are what you want for HDMI or Component HD capture, especially the models with a built in blaster.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:It isn't clear but it seems like it records raw video and audio (no mention of h264 transcoding) or mpeg-2 output. Because of the DirectShow support it might work with Network Recorder but this isn't the first time you have asked about one of these Chinese boxes with unknown support and I'd avoid them like the plague.

The Hauppauge HDPVR and Colossus devices are what you want for HDMI or Component HD capture, especially the models with a built in blaster.

Martin
The manufacturer confirms that this one has H.264 HW transcoding. Re blaster I already have 3 blasters on my USBUIRT so no need for one more Wink
That device wont work. If you want an HDMI capture device, you'll pretty much have to get one of the Hauppauge devices.