NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NEXTPVR freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had a problem since there was a change to a so called more modern GUI. Sometimes when you hit stop either on the remote or with the mouse, the screen will go black and stay that way for hours if you do nothing. If you click on the screen with the mouse multiple times, you get a message box with the options to close the program or wait for it to respond. This happens about every 4 times or so. I am using version 3.9.2. I have tried various decoders with no help. I posted this a few months ago with no help. I am hoping that somebody has had this problem since then and solved it.
Have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer? It may provide some information as to what is locking up.
Dale Dewing Wrote:I have had a problem since there was a change to a so called more modern GUI.
Are you talking about the new 'modern' web app, or NextPVR itself? NextPVR's UI hasn't changed for years.

Quote:Sometimes when you hit stop either on the remote or with the mouse, the screen will go black and stay that way for hours if you do nothing. If you click on the screen with the mouse multiple times, you get a message box with the options to close the program or wait for it to respond. This happens about every 4 times or so. I am using version 3.9.2. I have tried various decoders with no help. I posted this a few months ago with no help. I am hoping that somebody has had this problem since then and solved it.
Can you post another set of logs?

Are you using the current 3.9.2 release?
I am using 3.9.2. Here are the log files. It froze about 3 out of 5 shows tonight.
Dale Dewing Wrote:I am using 3.9.2. Here are the log files. It froze about 3 out of 5 shows tonight.

What does your post processing batch file do?

Martin
It runs comskip after a recording.
Dale Dewing Wrote:It runs comskip after a recording.

Your batch file may be the cause of the freeze, it enters but doesn't exit.

Martin
Removed the batch file for a day. No help. Still freezes. Can you tell me what log file you can see the above so I can troubleshoot that problem.
Dale Dewing Wrote:I am using 3.9.2. Here are the log files. It froze about 3 out of 5 shows tonight.
Exactly which of those froze, so we know which ones to look at? If you don't remember, post a another set of logs and a more detailed description.
As originally stated it freezes when I hit stop on playback about 1 out of 3 times. You then click on the screen with the mouse several times and you get a message box saying that NextPVR is not responding with 2 options. Either close the program or wait. If you click on wait the screen will stay black and I have left it for several hours and it does not recover, so I click on close the program. It then closes and I then restart NextPVR. You said there was a problem with a batch file so I removed it for a day but no help. You said that my post processing batch file enters but does not end. So I asked what log file this shows up in so I can troubleshoot the batch file even thou it has no relation to the freezing.
Pages: 1 2