NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Server Error when settign a manual recording in NEWA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can set recordings from the EPG, but if I try to set a manual recording I get a server error.

On the EPG tab, I press Manual Record.

I select a channel from the drop-down and fill in start and stop dates (eg "01/22/2017 10:00 pm" and "10:10 pm" when time is 21:50 on 22 Jan).

I select Days to Record: Once

Record Quality: Default

Recordings to Keep: 0

Recording Directory: Default

Padding: Pre: 0 Post: 0

And press Record

I get a Server Error

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Is this a bug or is there something mis-configured on my server?

Server and client are both Windows 7 Home. I'm using NPVR 3.9.2.
If you aren't running on the NextPVR host machine, go to the event viewer on the host and copy the information from the .net error that I suspect you will find there.

Martin
Also post the web.log file....