NextPVR Forums

Full Version: npvr 3.9.2 browser access to media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I think I might have posted something similar several months ago but was unable to resolve it then and following a complete clean win10 B1607 install and npvr 3.9.2 I've landed back at the beginning.

All the media folders are correctly there but when you click to select folder to view the individual files nothing ever shows, just goes back to the route folder?

It is not a permission or security problem but it's a problem that escapes me completely!
The folder location reside on second local drive HD2 plus I only use Firefox.

Most of all the media was created after install, so there is not a need to import anything to anywhere because it is there but I can't see it.

Npvr works well, just waiting for sub to tweak the ability to stream to two clients at once.
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...eb-Clients

Thank you for your time.
oldman Wrote:Npvr works well, just waiting for sub to tweak the ability to stream to two clients at once.
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...eb-Clients
Give this patch a go. Hopefully it should fix that for you.
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post512342

I can't help you with your other question about media files in NEWA Classic. I've not used this feature myself. UJB is the expert on NEWA Classic.
oldman Wrote:... I only use Firefox.

All that follows is guesswork so forgive me if I have missed something ... You are trying to access the folders via the web interface using Firefox. Firefox is connecting to the web interface software component within the NextPVR Recording Service. The NextPVR Recording Service is running with the user "System" and not with your logged on user account. The user "System" does not have permission to access the folders.
Graham Wrote:All that follows is guesswork so forgive me if I have missed something ... You are trying to access the folders via the web interface using Firefox. Firefox is connecting to the web interface software component within the NextPVR Recording Service. The NextPVR Recording Service is running with the user "System" and not with your logged on user account. The user "System" does not have permission to access the folders.

Hi Graham
Thank you once again in trying to help me but can I re-write the problem as I see it

If I use Firefox as my default browser, on npvr server or any client point it to->http://tv:8866/guide.aspx
click the [music library] tab -> click [radio tab] ->music library-radio, this lists all the recording directories ->click any one of them (in my example above, David Allen) nothing is ever displayed?
I'm sure that you should be able to see the actual recordings here otherwise what is the point!
This also applies to the [video tab] not that I've got any recordings there.

Can you confirm if I'm to see the recording made in these directories or not?

Thank you for your time

Thanks sub I will try the updated nshared file
oldman Wrote:Can you confirm if I'm to see the recording made in these directories or not?

You should see the files in the folders. It works for me.

I stand by my view that the problem may be because the NextPVR Recording Service uses the "System" user account and this account may not have permissions to access the content of the folders.

What happens if you grant full access permissions to all users for the folders? Or, you can change the user on the Recording Service ... type Services into the search box beside the Start menu ... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post511464 ... set the user as the same user that you logon with
Graham Wrote:You should see the files in the folders. It works for me.

I stand by my view that the problem may be because the NextPVR Recording Service uses the "System" user account and this account may not have permissions to access the content of the folders.

What happens if you grant full access permissions to all users for the folders? Or, you can change the user on the Recording Service ... type Services into the search box beside the Start menu ... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post511464 ... set the user as the same user that you logon with

Thanks for such a quick response.

OK..I changed the service from "System" to "User Acc"
Nothing changed, no rec files on view!
Did a quick tv recording, this now shows (at long last)
Nothing shows at all in my radio folder? (only folders show)
I created a folder under video/temp/ copied a radio recording into that, that's now on view under the video tab.
Renamed my radio recordings folders, nothing shows at all.
Added new folder under radio tab, placed one recording inside still nothing shows
I think unless you have any other ideas is to wait till the weekend schedule recordings to see if it creates new folders (rename old ones as above) and to see if the new recordings become visible, phew...

I did delete the folder location under npvr settings and re-created it to be sure but as the folders showed really wasn't necessary.

So I going to thank you now in the hope of further success with your help Graham.

For sub's updated [nshared.dll] I have tried this briefly and it looks extremely hopeful.

The only problem that I've found since these alterations today is I have the following error with streaming.

"server error in "/" application, the system cannot find the file specified
Event log id:1309 asp.net 4.0.30319.0 ->An unhandled exception has occurred.

Any pointers gratefully received, thank you once again
oldman Wrote:I created a folder under video/temp/ copied a radio recording into that, that's now on view under the video tab.
Renamed my radio recordings folders, nothing shows at all.
Added new folder under radio tab, placed one recording inside still nothing shows

If a understand correctly ... you are getting different results for different folders. This suggests that the problem is outside of NextPVR though I have no clue what it might be. I can only suggest that you try, for example, deleting and recreating folders and moving files from one folder to another.

The "unhandled exception" may have created an entry in the Event Viewer. Type "event" into the search box and run Event Viewer and grope about to find the message. Some superficial searching suggests that it might be a red herring. I suggest a reboot and then wait to see if it happens again.
Hi Graham
I posted a full update but alas its disappeared, so in brief I've fixed it!

It turned out to be simple: the "music tab" folders does not display *.ts recordings.
If I place *.mp3 files there it all shows correctly.

So I've place all my radio recording in the "video" tab and this all shows *.ts correctly.

Perhaps my radio interpretation of 'music' is not the correct one in this situation.

Thanks Graham for your help.

I still have still the need to fix the now broken streaming element.

Server ERROR in "/" Application
An unhandled exception has occurred.
01/02/2017 14:28:36
01/02/2017 14:28:36
906808a0e92345ceb3d3bab3c04cf614
aa85f57-1-131304324163085188
Full
/
C:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\
TV
NRecord.exe
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Win32Exception
The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at N_EWA.Player.doPlay() in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player.aspx.cs:line 213
at N_EWA.Player.startStreamButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player.aspx.cs:line 786
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
oldman Wrote:It turned out to be simple: the "music tab" folders does not display *.ts recordings.
If I place *.mp3 files there it all shows correctly.

The lists of extensions in config.xml can be edited to specify the files that are recognised as music or pictures by NextPVR ... it may be that the web interface uses the same lists ... http://nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Co...ced#toc167

I still can't help with the unhandled exception.