NextPVR Forums

Full Version: My HP Prodesk Mini Appears to be Incompatible with NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have loaded NPVR successfully in my other computers, but it is not working on the HP which just happens to be my media center box. That computer has a about 4-5 year old i3 processor, 4GB RAM and an integrated video processor. The only feature that works is the live TV and that works from only the right-click drop down menu. When I use the live TV main menu selection it looks like the attached. The EPG inconsistently appears from the main menu, but I cannot record from it.

I have removed any software that might cause incompatibilities (e.g., Plex, WinTV8, PlayOn). I do need to figure out how to check the integrated video processor, although it does work fine with all other media apps. I am using HDHomerun Connect as my tuner.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Richard

Log attached
richardtc17 Wrote:I have loaded NPVR successfully in my other computers, but it is not working on the HP which just happens to be my media center box. That computer has a about 4-5 year old i3 processor, 4GB RAM and an integrated video processor. The only feature that works is the live TV and that works from only the right-click drop down menu. When I use the live TV main menu selection it looks like the attached. The EPG inconsistently appears from the main menu, but I cannot record from it.

I have removed any software that might cause incompatibilities (e.g., Plex, WinTV8, PlayOn). I do need to figure out how to check the integrated video processor, although it does work fine with all other media apps. I am using HDHomerun Connect as my tuner.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Richard

Log attached

I thought I would give it a try in Safe Mode.

I had to start up NPVR manually.

It came up and worked fine.

Did a Google search using "NextPVR runs in Safe Mode". My first hit was from this forum. Someone was having endless problems very close to my experience. Among the three things he removed was a program called Cyberlink PowerDVD. I had the same program. I don't even recall loading it. I uninstalled it along with all of its settings. (Note: he also deleted and reinstalled all of his AMD drivers as well as uninstalling SAF.)

I rebooted and NPVR is working like a charm.

I just thought you would like to know.

Regards,

Richard
Thanks for posting. Posts like yours can save folk days of messing around Wink
You are welcome! Thanks for the acknowledgement.
I have Cyberlink PowerDVD (instlalled with my ASUS laptop) and it works fine on my NextPVR bolx. I don't suggest a user remove it if they need to play commercial DVD or BD disks. It is likely not be the root cause of this problem, more likely D3D or video driver related.

Martin
rich, if you set the Windows text size to 100%, does it work correctly?