NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV Listing crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
getting unhandled exception with TV Listings. cant configure anything in the settings part, and cant click on it in the client without getting the error.

tried the patch from a previous thread (even though it was fixed) but still no luck.

-[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Sorry if i missed a common solution, ive looked around this site for a couple days but havent seen anything.

using the latest version of nextpvr, 3.9.2, and today applied the latest version of the program exe since it said a few tweaks and i hoped it would fix it.

As far as i can tell im using the latest version of the plugin, (downloaded it today), and a pretty fresh install of nextpvr as i just reinstalled the pc last week.

Thanks,
Do you have the latest TV Listings Plugin version http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...TVListings ?
also check there isn't a old version of the plugin in the TV Listings folder (even if you renamed it , it will be loaded) http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...Recordings

Check NPVR and Nrecord logs files for hint.
jamissr Wrote:getting unhandled exception with TV Listings. cant configure anything in the settings part, and cant click on it in the client without getting the error.

Please post logs. There is a button in Settings --> About that will zip the logs for you and you can attach the zip file to a post. Thanks.
Graham Wrote:Please post logs. There is a button in Settings --> About that will zip the logs for you and you can attach the zip file to a post. Thanks.

appreciate you looking at the logs. I found where it shows tv listings crashing but nothing stood out as a reason why.
ok. i seem to have accidentally figured it out, or at least a workaround. it seems i must have the nvpr program program running and right click into settings from that window. everything works when i do that. if i use the taskbar icon and go into settings from there it does not work and i get this exception.

in fact, right clicking the taskbar icon and choosing settings at all seems to bring up a version of settings that although its the same program version, none of the plugins will load or work from.
jamissr Wrote:in fact, right clicking the taskbar icon and choosing settings at all seems to bring up a version of settings that although its the same program version, none of the plugins will load or work from.

Your right I get the same thing (almost no plugins selected) when right clicking the taskbar icon (but I don't get the exception...but then again I don't have TVListings loaded either) but all works fine when selecting settings from within NexPVR..... looks like one for sub to look at.
I recently reported that plugins are not loaded from the taskbar icon so just sub's built ins.

Martin
Hmmm, odd. I just tried to reproduce it here, but I'm not seeing this issue. I even tried with TVListings. Some of the things on my machine are in different directories though, which I'm guessing has something to do with it.
Martin, are you see this with your plugins too? If so, if you run it up in the debugger what looks like it's failing when your plugin is loading?

In that stack trace above, it looks like the TVListings plugin has loaded, and starts running, but encounters some issue loading some xml from somewhere. Hard to guess what this is doing without the source code to it.
maybe remove TV Listings.db3 ?
or remove TV Listings completely
Plugins\TV Listings
Skin\Default\TV Recordings
Skin\Default\TV Listings

see if it still crash.
Pages: 1 2 3