NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UK Cable Scanning - Specific Provider settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm new to NPVR having used MediaPortal in the past.

I'm attempting to set up my NPVR backend:
TBS 5520SE connected to DVB-C - Virgin Media UK

Right now I am trying my luck blind scanning the various options on Type Specific Settings:
Country - set to all countries
Region - All frequencies trying each option one by one

No success yet.

Is there a better way?
For example, I know my provider NetID (00013) - is there a way to create a specific configuration file that tells NPVR where to can to find channels.

All help appreciated and will share what I learn with the community.

Thanks

Scoobs
scooby81 Wrote:I'm attempting to set up my NPVR backend:
TBS 5520SE connected to DVB-C - Virgin Media UK

I am unsure of the facts here ... but, is Virgin cable encrypted and does your tuner decrypt the signal?
Graham Wrote:I am unsure of the facts here ... but, is Virgin cable encrypted and does your tuner decrypt the signal?

Hi Graham,

Thanks for replying.

VM's Pay Channels are encrypted - but I am just interested in the FTA channels.

Though, a scan should pick up all channels available regardless of Pay/FTA

Does this help?
As an update - I have completed an All Countries scan on all frequencies and found nothing.

I can find these channels on MediaPortal and other PVR backends so must be a config/settings issue.

Thanks
scooby81 Wrote:As an update - I have completed an All Countries scan on all frequencies and found nothing.

NextPVR uses the values in .ini files at Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning. You may be able to create your own .ini file based on the files that already in the folder.
Graham Wrote:NextPVR uses the values in .ini files at Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning. You may be able to create your own .ini file based on the files that already in the folder.

Hi again,

Yes found that thanks.

I have created 2 config files which scan VM UK.

Have attached in case they help someone else - they go into the folder:
C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-C

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WTdT...2liWDRVVWc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2WTdT...W1zOXBfVEE

I only needed to scan the 6952 set - others may need to use the combined version
Thanks - I'll include these with future releases.