NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recording Service Not Running At Recording Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting this message, "Recording Service Not Running At Recording Time" when trying to record using NextPVR and also when I use Kodi as a front end. (Which by the way, I do not want to do as I just need a PVR).
I have searched the web and the FAQ, but all discussions appear to be several years old and about a different version of NextPVR and Windows OS. Hence my reason for this posting.
I have had some successful recordings, but only 2 out of about 7 or 8 attempts. (At least I have a file to test some editors on.)
I have checked that the NextPVR Recording Service is running. (It is always running when I look). I have stopped it and started it again.
I have checked the config.xml file which has the following relevant settings (at least they seem most relevant to me but I am novice at NextPVR):
<ScheduleWakeups>true</ScheduleWakeups>
<WakeupPreRecordingSeconds>90</WakeupPreRecordingSeconds>

<UseRecordingService>true</UseRecordingService>

(I did change this last setting from 'false' to 'true' as that seemed logical (to me), but it made no difference).

I have Windows 10 64-bit on an Acer laptop with 8GB RAM.
NextPVR is version 3.9.2 161119.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you
you'll need to post the logs and let use know the name/time of a recordings that failed.
sub Wrote:you'll need to post the logs and let use know the name/time of a recordings that failed.

Here are the requested logs. Due to file size restrictions they have been split into smaller files.
NRecord.log is in 3 files:NRecord.loga, NRecord.logb and NRecord.logc.
NPVR.log is in 2 files: NPVR.loga and NPVR.logb.

The recording was of "Friends" ,5.55pm-6.25pm pm,broadcast on Channel 9GEM in Australia.

After setting up the recording from the guide, choosing "Quick Record", I minimised NextPVR and checked
under Task Manager/Services that the NPVR Recording Service was running; which it was. It was also
running after the failed recording occurred.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
The normal process is to compress the whole log folder and upload the files. There is a handy button on the main NextPVR setup screen to do this. Fortunately there was enough information to see what happened, your PC did not wake up for the recording. It also not wake up for the EPG update so the problem is with you PC sleep functions.

Make sure allow wake timers are set in your Power configuration profile and that your BIOS ACPI and other sleep settings also allow sleep.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:The normal process is to compress the whole log folder and upload the files. There is a handy button on the main NextPVR setup screen to do this. Fortunately there was enough information to see what happened, your PC did not wake up for the recording. It also not wake up for the EPG update so the problem is with you PC sleep functions.

Make sure allow wake timers are set in your Power configuration profile and that your BIOS ACPI and other sleep settings also allow sleep.

Martin

Thank you Martin.

I'll try that and post the result.

Richard
It worked well, thank you.
I tried it with just minimisation and exiting NextPVR and it worked satisfactorily on three recordings.
It also solved another problem I had with a scheduled task not opening when machine was asleep. So thank you again.

Richard
Oh! By the way. I only changed the advanced setting in Power Options as my BIOS did not offer the ACPI option.