NextPVR Forums

Full Version: won't stop recording live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't figure out if this is NPVR or Kodi.
After watching Live TV via Kodi/NPVR and stopping Kodi, recording of the live channel continues in the NPVR-specified directory - until reboot. This ONLY happens when the HDHomeRun tuner is selected (via NPVR priority), and NOT when a Haupage tuner is selected. And it only happens when watching Live TV from Kodi, not NPVR.
The Kodi log seems to show a normal close of the live stream, but I'm not sure what to look for in the NPVR logs (attached). Can anyone guide me?
Versions are NPVR 3.9.2, Kodi 16 and 17
There is a problem in the exchange between pvr.nextpvr and the server in timeshifting mdoe that causes this problem I reported a while ago https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post506553 and your logs are no different. After the channel.stop is received things get messed. Fortunately you have a good web.log so it is clearer to see the Renewed lease(2)... (BA000D) error in web.log that indicates the beginning of the problem.

Martin
Thanks for the reference.
I did try applying the NShared.dll patch, but it made no difference.
Did you conclude this was an NPVR or a Kodi problem?
flymike Wrote:Thanks for the reference.
I did try applying the NShared.dll patch, but it made no difference.
Did you conclude this was an NPVR or a Kodi problem?

Never apply old patches to a new version. There may be a Kodi client server protocol problem but there is a bug in how NextPVR is handling things.

Martin