NextPVR Forums

Full Version: and + or capability in automatic recording section?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Running 3.9.2 (161119)
Just wondering..
I want to auto schedule record a specific football game each week.. as you do..

The show is always labeled 'AFL - Live' (but there's like 9 matches televised a week)
Within each match.. the description will typically include the teams names..
eg:The Eagles have claimed local bragging rights winning the last three derbies, but Ross Lyon has turned the fortunes of his Dorkers around after a tough start to the season.
Eagles is the team/game I require...
so if I can enter 'AFL - Live' + 'Eagles' as the search term?
(so it has to satisfy the presence of BOTH terms to qualify..)
This way I don't end up having to record all 9 games each week, as the other AFL games won't have the word 'Eagles' in their descriptions.
(and I'm not so interested in all the nature shows with the word 'Eagles' in their description either...)

Is there some sort of algebraic capability already in the "Keyword" section of "Keyword Recording" that will achieve this?
If not, is there another way to set this up?
thanks
AJ
AJ you might want to try asking UJB in the NEWA subforum - I think I might have asked this about 5 or 10 years ago (Boolean searches) and a lot more as a wishlist item but no harm asking again :-). I use NEWA to do all my autosearches and records - works a treat.

k
This is available as an advance rule on the Man-Rec tab (not Keyword) , the % is a wild card the rule would be something like

Code:
title like 'AFL - Live%Eagles%'

Martin
That particular query should work in NEWA too. Sub's advanced rules are far more flexible for more advanced though and also avoid duplicate recordings and don't require NEWA to trigger them.

Martin
Ok ta. I like NEWA because I can log in remotely and schedule it with a keyboard. I find trying to type something into the 10ft interface on TV via NMT remote or even small keyboard remote with the pi somewhat cumbersome.
Hi,
Yeah I did see another thread that mentioned the Advanced Rules syntax on Manual REC...
but will it be active for re-occurring programs? ie: automatically grab the game for the following week when it hits the EPG?
in Manual REC it has start times and Date fields populated also.. won't those restrict the capture scope to what's specified in these? (and hence miss future programs)
or maybe if present.. does it ignore the previous fields?? need some clarification..
IF the 'Advanced Rules' option was also present under keyword section.. that would be logical.
any info on this would be real helpful..
ta
AJ
Yes recurring recordings are possible, just try changing the options to what you want and see. I agree the title manual recording is confusing, but it is not the same as keyword.

Martin
Hi, I'll have a play and report back..
2 x Q's though.. if I put the string ... title like 'AFL - Live%Eagles%' into Advance Rules... (should that be Advanced?)

A: will it then ignore what's defined in the 'Channel' field ? (as it could appear on one of several channels during the week) same for Date and time?...
B: "Eagles" is a word that will appear in the description.. not the Title.. so... it'll pick that up from the programme's description right?
ta
AJ