NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Back-to-back recordings same channel. 1 works, 1 doesn't. Help please (logs attached)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This past Friday night NextPVR correctly recorded back-to-back episodes of The Amazing Race. These were the first recordings I had watched since I installed comskip and I was excited to see how well it worked.

First episode played perfectly. I was able to skip around, pause, etc. - no problems.

Second episode - when I tried to "skip" forward (to get to the start of the episode), NextPVR seemed to freeze, then it displayed a message "This recording was watched to completion. Would you like to delete this recording?". I renamed the comskip files for this episode, but the same problem occurred. If I play the .ts file in a third-party player (Media Player Classic or VLC) it works fine.

I have had this same problem occur before, so it seems to happen on a recording-by-recording basis. Some recordings are perfect, others freeze/dump out if I do anything other than let them play.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PC: Win7, x64...should have plenty of power/memory

Source: HDHomeRun (the old dual model), recording OTA HD (KHOU in Houston).
Do you have the NextPVR BDA compatibility set to Default, Media Portal or Other? These are the recommended settings not NextPVR.

I suspect some stream information is missing. There are utilities that will help clean simple stream errors. If my assumption is the case TSRemux and TS4NP from this link https://www.videohelp.com/software/TsRemux should help.

Martin
Thanks Martin - just changed the HDHR mode to "Default" (was previously set to NextPVR). Have a few recordings set for tonight, will test them out in the morning.
For what it's worth, after making the change in HDHR, I stopped and started the Recording Service and set Colbert and Kimmel to both record at 10:30. When I try to watch Colbert, it works fine. I can skip around. When I try to watch Kimmel, any skipping causes it to freeze. Updated logs attached. This happened at 10:45/10:46.

This is with HDHR's BDA set to "Default". Should I try MediaPortal?

Thank you for your help.
Well the topic has changed since these are no longer back to back. Could you make a sample cut of the Kimmel file available for download with this utility http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...y.CutChunk We probably need 150 MB or so to test skipping.

Martin
Thanks Martin - will upload to separate thread.