NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR LiveTv: Sound but no picture on most HD channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been covered before but I bring it up because the problem still persists.
NextPVR 3.9.2
Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 (2 HD tuners)
O/S: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Note I confirmed with Comcast that most HD channels are now MPEG4. However a few channels (mostly local ones) are still MPEG2).

After reading old posts I went back and took a look at the NextPVR Settings. I saw that all HD channels were set to MPEG2 SD. That would explain why I could not see some channels. In NextPVR Settings:
In Device double-click on 1st tuner
Right-click on first HD channel and select Edit Channel
If I already could hear and see it: change Service Type from MPEG2 SD to MPEG2 HD
else if I could hear and but not see it: change Service Type from MPEG2 SD to H.264 HD
I had to do this for all the channels > 1000

To copy changes to second tuner:
Select 1st Tuner
Select Export Channels
Select 2nd Tuner
Select Import Channels

Now I am a happy camper...at least for watching live TV. I now have to see if I can set up a service for EPG data.
MisterEd Wrote:If I already could hear and see it: change Service Type from MPEG2 SD to MPEG2 HD
For the record, there is no difference bewteen the "MPEG2 SD" and "MPEG2 HD" setting - either one will cause it to add an MPEG2 decoder to the playback graph, which is all that is needed.

Quote:Now I am a happy camper...at least for watching live TV
Great!