NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR settings -> devices does not find HDHR connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time poster here - been trying to get nextpvr working and integrated with kodi so I can compare to plexdvr.

I am using an HDHOMERUN CONNECT as the tuner and am trying to get the nextpvr service to recognize the tuner (on my HTPC, an i5-7600 running windows 10). At present the only device that shows up in the devices list is "IPTV Device". Windows defender is configured to let NextPVR.exe, NRecord.exe and NDigitalHost.exe through. The HD HOMERUN device is set to 'default' rather than 'NextPVR'.

Curiously, my older computer recognizes the tuners just fine (Silicondust HDHomeRun Tuner 1049245C in both ATSC and QAM types on both tuners) in addition to the IPTV device, and I am able to proceed to channel scanning and so on. Sadly, its the new computer that is going to be the HTPC so I need to get it working on that.

Both computers are on the same network switch on my home network.

The regular hdhomerun addon in kodi works fine on both computers, so the HTPC clearly can find the tuner, but the NextPVR backend doesn't see it for some reason. After scouring the forums here and on silicondust, I didn't see any post that seemed to address this problem.

I took a quick look through the log files, and the computer with working settings clearly finds the TV tuners in the digital tuner section, while the failed settings computer (HTPC) does not. It does, however, seem to find something under "DRI devices", but nothing ultimately shows up in the devices UI.

I have attached 2 logs - one from the HTPC that doesn't work (failedsettings) and one from the one that does (working settings).

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

-Paul
You need to have the HDHomeRun driver software installed on the machine, so that the BDA drivers are available.
GoatBreath Wrote:The HD HOMERUN device is set to 'default' rather than 'NextPVR'.

Certainly what sub wrote applies but if that is where you set this up if you are running Windows Server you need to hack in BDA support. Searching the web should help you out.

Martin
All set. I simply had to install the HD homerun setup utility on the second PC, and nextpvr found the devices. Thank you for the assistance!