NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NZ EPG Update - EPG Collector or EIT?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For quite a few months now in NZ we have been able to get 1 weeks worth of EPG data straight from the UHF aerial. When I moved from Auckland to Waikato Region I had to change frequencies and decided to use the EIT (Over the Air) data rather than using EPG collector as it seems to be an easier process to setup up, maintain and not fall over. (EPG Collector sometimes needed upgrading due to data structure changes resulting in no EPG, hence no recordings).

One effect I think it has, is that shows like Shortland Street seem to record repeated episodes even though I have "Only New Episodes" selected. I say "seem" as I am blaming this problem on the EIT data being deficient compared to the XMLTV data, but haven't gone into depth fault finding it.

Do we get better EPG information using EPG Collector vs the EIT data?
What was your source when you were using epg collector? I have used both but always gotten the data from OTA apart from some satellite only channels for a while. I have just re-done my setup after a MB failure and am using straight OTA and find the data is pretty good.
When I was in Auckland I was receiving from Waiatarua transmitter. IIRC it was on 538MHz but later had to change to 570MHz to obtain the data.
Now I am in the Waikato, I receive from TeAroha at 562MHz.