NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pausing live tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when ever i try to pause live tv it pauses like it should, but if i hit play again to resume where i left off it jumps straight to real time. logs included if they will help.
You're talking in NextPVR itself right, not Kodi or other client? The former should do what you want, the latter will not.
Goto settings | Misc |Live TV Buffer | Buffer Directory. Make sure that what ever directory is shown (EX. C:\Temp\ ) actually exists. NextPVR will not automatically create the directory. If the directory does exist, make sure that NextPVR has write privileges for that directory.
sub Wrote:You're talking in NextPVR itself right, not Kodi or other client? The former should do what you want, the latter will not.
it does the same thing in kodi and in NextPVR

scJohn Wrote:Goto settings | Misc |Live TV Buffer | Buffer Directory. Make sure that what ever directory is shown (EX. C:\Temp\ ) actually exists. NextPVR will not automatically create the directory. If the directory does exist, make sure that NextPVR has write privileges for that directory.
the buffer directory does exist it is the same folder that tv is recorded to, that works btw so i assume NextPVR has write privileges
Create a c:\temp directory, and set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NPVR\LogSlipFile=1 (DWORD) registry setting, then do the following steps - start watching live tv in NextPVR's UI, leave it playing for 30 seconds, pause it for 30 seconds, then play it for 30 seconds, then close the app. Zip up the NextPVR logs, and the additional c:\temp\reader.log, and post them here and I'll take a look.
i just tried it again and it worked this time in NextPVR. I did stop and restart the service between the attempts so that may have done it. is there any solution to getting the live pause working in kodi?
gromgsxr Wrote:is there any solution to getting the live pause working in kodi?
It used to work in Kodi too, but they changed stuff when adding official support for timeshift, which promptly broke it. The addon will need to be updated to support the new timeshift mechanism. I'm intending to do this for the next major release of Kodi.
sub Wrote:It used to work in Kodi too, but they changed stuff when adding official support for timeshift, which promptly broke it. The addon will need to be updated to support the new timeshift mechanism. I'm intending to do this for the next major release of Kodi.

That's strange - I didn't realize there was a problem. If I pause LiveTV quite using Kodi then resume, Kodi picks up where it left off. I use the pause function daily on many different Kodi clients.

NPVR 3.92. Kodi 17.1
From memory in Kodi pause kind of works, but there issues skipping in live tv.
from my experience skipping sort of works, but sometimes skipping will freeze kodi altogether, requiring kodi to be restarted.