NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR records but won't schedule season requests and two shows stopped recording early
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have two issues. Actually three, but I'll post the web issue separately.

I am trying a new NPVR setup and everything seemed to be working nicely. I got my hands on an HP intel i5 3.10ghz 2400Cpu HP computer with 16 gigs of RAM, 2 TB HDDs, Win 10 64-bit with a couple new PCI USB 2.0 cards installed. Since I have been using Hauppauge Colossus with three different computers recording Directv "Component" for years (WMC/NPVR), I decided its time to upgrade and integrate. Just do everything through NPVR. Over the past few of months, I've been adding HDPVRs, moving everything over and using network IP tuning. I am up to four HDPVRs and its been solid for the past month (at least up to this point). My aim is 5 HDPVRs.

Recent problems:

1# Last Friday, NPVR stopped scheduling anything "Seasonal". I can do "One time" record and watch TV. I can even schedule the "timeslot" to be recorded repeatedly. But when I try to schedule a "Season new" or "all shows on this channel" request, nothing happens in the native guide. All my old "season" requests are still intact and working. I just can't add anything new. Is there a request limit or memory limit to seasonal requests? Just for testing purposes, I made an attempt to season record "Young and the Restless" which didn't work (all jokes aside). So at least you had something easy to look at in the logs. I also made an attempt to season request "the Doctors" Both had "new Flags".

2# Last night, I tried to record a bunch of shows since I am working a lot. "Animal Kingdom" and "Wrecked" both cut off almost 30 minutes early but my other recordings where fine. This has not happened before.

I attached logs below for review...Thank you.

https://forums.nextpvr.com/attachment.ph...1498683042
I think one of your Recording Directory names is bad in some of your Recurring Recordings

Code:
[MCE-01 <--- CBS / HBO / MISC]

I think XML thinks the < is markup, and NextPVR might not be encoding it to &lt; when creating the recordings.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I think one of your Recording Directory names is bad in some of your Recurring Recordings

Code:
[MCE-01 <--- CBS / HBO / MISC]

I think XML thinks the < is markup, and NextPVR might not be encoding it to &lt; when creating the recordings.

Martin

Nice catch. Ugh! I didn't see it staring right at me...lol. I'll correct it and get back to you. Is that going to affect "Season" scheduling as well?
jtcreate Wrote:Nice catch. Ugh! I didn't see it staring right at me...lol. I'll correct it and get back to you. Is that going to affect "Season" scheduling as well?

Ok. I fixed the Directory. Hopefully that fixes the Video cut off issue. The Season pass issue is still a problem. Won't schedule.
Exit NextPVR and from and command line run

NextPVR -recurring

and post the logs.

Use the Setting option butto to zip them all up will make your life easier.

Martin
Was there any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue with an inability to schedule recurring (no red highlight), although individual shows record fine. Oddly, some recurring recordings work fine, others simply won't (although once or twice they have). This started for me a few weeks ago, or at least that's when I noticed it. I'm not recording much lately, and I just dismissed the first few times as being a guide hiccup.
jpk928 Wrote:Was there any resolution to this?

mvallevand Wrote:Exit NextPVR and from command line run
NextPVR -recurring
and post the logs.

What he said. Thanks.
Graham Wrote:What he said. Thanks.

And then tell us which specific recordings you see not scheduled.

My first guess is that those recordings are in the table as having already been recorded, so the recurring recording won't scheduled them for rerecording, but you can manually force them to rerecord.
I had a look at the logs, and here's something interesting:

2017-07-04 18:13:32.684 [DEBUG][8] - Potential episode at: 7/8/2017 3:30:00 PM
2017-07-04 18:13:32.684 [DEBUG][8] ...check IsValid()
2017-07-04 18:13:32.684 [DEBUG][8] ...this episode is on Saturday
2017-07-04 18:13:32.684 [DEBUG][8] ...valid days are: SATURDAY
2017-07-04 18:13:32.684 [DEBUG][8] ..Timeslot not ok(2)
2017-07-04 18:13:32.684 [DEBUG][8] ...doesnt match recurring rules

So it looks like some sort of case sensitivity issue. The recurring<something>.xml showed a bunch of entries for my failed recording instead of the one set of criteria that I might have expected, so I'll probably just try a delete-and-recreate. If it continues to be a problem I'll post the zip file of the logs.

Thanks for your reply, and for inspiring me to look behind the curtain.
jpk928 Wrote:Was there any resolution to this? I'm having the same issue with an inability to schedule recurring (no red highlight), although individual shows record fine. Oddly, some recurring recordings work fine, others simply won't (although once or twice they have). This started for me a few weeks ago, or at least that's when I noticed it. I'm not recording much lately, and I just dismissed the first few times as being a guide hiccup.

No. I ended up clearing out NPVR and starting from scratch. I was already upgrading my system with more tuners so I decided to have a fresh start. But I still want to know the resolution to your issue.
Pages: 1 2