NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG doesn't fully update.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using DVB EPG. The server sleeps when not in use and wakes at 06:30 to refresh the guide. Often only one channel group is updated, the other groups display as "no show details" - see attachment guide.jpg

I note that logfile ndigitalhost-25.log is created when the machine wakes at 06:30. It begins updating the EPG - finding provider:Ten Melbourne. Program details for 'Ten Melbourne' group appear in the guide.

Logging then shifts to the older ndigitalhost-24.log, and finds further providers: SBS,ABC,C31,Seven Network,Nine Network. However, none of these details appear in the guide.
Make sure you have 'update DVB EPG during live tv' unticked on the Settings->Misc screen. It can issues like this if it's enabled.
sub Wrote:Make sure you have 'update DVB EPG during live tv' unticked on the Settings->Misc screen. It can issues like this if it's enabled.

Sub, do you not think that this option causes more problems then it fixes? Might it not reduce support tickets if it werre removed from the config and left disabled by default in config.xml, with a recommendation to change it for the rare instances that enabling it fixes? Just a thought!
I've removed the setting for the next release.
Confirmation - the problem goes away when unticked.