NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 Update killed newa access?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got firewall allowed, but npvr server doesn't seem to show up in the firewall logs, but I did have the firewall turned off and still no joy. I'd just upgraded from to 3.9 and beyond.

It works on the machine to localhost, but even on the machine I can't access it via the machine name. Other network things are working (ie shares etc). Has some authentication/network authentication potentially changed/affecting me? Ie the application not the machine is stopping me from accessing?
I got the update on 7/11. newa works for me by local IP address and computer network share name from 3 computers and two different tablets. I also opened my DMZ on my router, and can get in from the outside world into newa VIA Bulgaria through my VPN. So all is good for me.

My Windows 10 update was
Quote:2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4025342)
The fact it's working on localhost makes it sound like everything is largely going.

If you restart the recording service, to reset the logs, then try to access it from your other machine/device, do you get any messages in web.log? Yes, post the log and I'll check for errors. No, then it's probably not making it as far as NextPVR (ie, firewall/antivirus/netnanny etc).
I think the machine just needed a reboot. It's working now.