NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG chage reoccuring recordings broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I tried searching but I couldn't find it (and I hope I haven't asked this before)

I recently changed my EPG source, not my actual service. So channels are the same but names are slightly different and I have more channels importing now too. Since I imported the new channels and updated the EPG, reoccurring recordings seem like they know what channel they are using but actually don't. I've had this happen before but just redid my recordings.

For example:
Lets say I'm recording Archer it should look like:
Archer
1128 FXHD
10 - 10:30 Thurs

However now it looks like:
Archer
0 - 1128 FXHD
10 - 10:30 Thurs

The tell is the channel being 0 - 1128 (the last number changes depending on what the actual channel was)

Is there anything to do besides recreate the item? I've got a few set for shows that no longer air but sometimes they do besides I'd like to not cleanup and redo my schedules Big Grin Also would I be able to change the channel if I change providers?

Thank you.
If you change the epg source and the service uses different call letters you can't use the automapping and shouldn't add them as new To avoid this recurring issue you should have manually mapped guide change to the device channels. If you kept a backup perhaps try again.

You could probably edit recurring-back.xml with a global search and replace for the changed channel oids (you need a sqlite viewing utility to get this info) and then import it.

Personally I think everyone in North America who doesn't use Schedules Direct should consider donating the equivalent amount to sub for the extra support that is needed. TANSTAAFL

Martin
Thanks.
What's the acronym of your reply?