NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Do failed recordings record at another time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I very rarely get failed recordings, but just wondering what happens if i do

If say i set The Big Bang Theory to record tonight and for whatever reason this fails, will NextPVR auto record this episode next time it airs without me having to do anything?

Thanks
No, generally they're just noted as having failed.

If it was scheduling failure, there is already some logic that will look for alternatives. Also, if it's a recurring recording, the later airing may still be picked up. Some of this logic depends on having an EPG source that supplies a unique show identifier, like you get from Schedules Direct, or XMLTV for shows with season/episode numbers (or in the next release from DVB EPG crid identifiers).

There is some additional changes coming in the next release on this front. See https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...d-Failures
Thanks for the info Smile

It's rare i get this issue, just curious on how it was handled

Cheers
There is a "Forget" menu option under Recordings. Once forgotten, next EPG Update will schedule the next showing.
As an aside, to help prevent failed recordings due to "no tuner available", have a look at Recording Priority. My wife had too many recurring recordings scheduled to record in a certain time slot, so every week the show "Bull" would appear as a conflict and not be scheduled to record. I thought it odd that NPVR was not changing the schedule so that one of her cable shows that was on again in a later time slot on the same night didn't get rescheduled automagically so that the cable show AND Bull would get recorded. It turned out that the recurring recording for Bull had been created so long after the other ones that Bull was far down the priority list. Once I moved it up the priority list then the automagical rescheduling of the cable shows worked as I expected, Bull was no longer on the Conflict list every week and WAF improved greatly. Wink
Handy.Man Wrote:There is a "Forget" menu option under Recordings. Once forgotten, next EPG Update will schedule the next showing.

Not necessarily true if your recurring recording includes only new.

Martin
Thanks for the extra info

I have lots of old shows i have never seen before recording (mostly comedies), along with new shows

The recording priority looks good, not seen this option, sounds ideal to put a higher priority on new shows, as i would rather these get recorded than the older ones