NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV Guide Listing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am on a Windows 10 machine using the newest version of NPVR. All has been working fantastic. I use schedules direct for my TV guide data and it matches with Direct TV PERFECTLY.

I recently picked up a Happauge Tuner for over the air channels. Although Schedules direct does give me the proper data for what is being aired and for future airings, I notice that the TV guide in NPVR isn't always tagging a new (1st aired) TV show as "New" when working with over the air channels. It works fine for Direct TV listings, but has issues with Over The Air channels. I went to the websites for both of my favorite over the air channels , "Escape" and "Justice Network" to see when TV shows (1st aired) are coming on, and, matched it with NPVR guide data and NPVR isn't tagging them as new shows. Sometimes it tags as a new show, sometimes it doesn't. I am assuming this is more of a Schedules Direct issue than NPVR. NPVR is only as good as the data it receives

So, with the above said, does anyone else have this issue with Schedules Direct when working with OTA TV? And, if so, is there an alternate source that would be a little better at identifying new TV shows for the OTA TV rather than Schedules Direct?

Any amount of info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated Smile
Check the zap2it website for your OTA channels if they show new properly it could be SD. You can map OTA channels to the DTV guide data if it is an equivalent network.

Martin
It tags new OTA air fine for me.

I just looked for Escape and the next newest show for me, tagged new is "It Takes A Killer" / "Murderous Affair 7/26 @ 9pm "Deep Undercover" on 7/27 at 9:00 pm.

I don't see any new episodes on the Justice Network though. I looked at Titan TV and Justice Network and they don't have any first runs, "New" shows. All theirs are previously aired shows, even though it is first time the show may have run on Justice Network.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

You can always create a rule so you never miss a first run new show on a channel.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Does any one know how to map DVB-T for Australia into the EPG. Tv play fine with good audio , but program data does not populate. I have tried Media portal, and that auto populates the TV guide, but interface appears a little clumsy and temperamental
marklinoz Wrote:Does any one know how to map DVB-T for Australia into the EPG. Tv play fine with good audio , but program data does not populate. I have tried Media portal, and that auto populates the TV guide, but interface appears a little clumsy and temperamental

Welcome. The convention here is to start a new thread for a new issue or query.

It might be that you have already done a channel scan in Settings --> Devices. In Settings --> Channels, you should see your channels listed with the default in the EPG column of DVB/ATSC EPG. Press the Update EPG button and NextPVR will scan for several minutes and populate the EPG with data ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.Channels

You can set NextPVR to automagically perform an EPG scan each day at Settings --> Misc2 ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...tion.Misc2