NextPVR Forums

Full Version: V4.04 Cannot Restart Recording Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
NPVR Works on Windows backend server (plays live TV) but stopped working with KODI.
Attempting to restart recording service produces the error in the attached screenshot. Up until this occurred 4.04 was working very well.
Reboot and try again.

We've had the occasional user receive this error over the years, so I don't think it's anything new introduced in 4.0.4. I'm not really sure what causes it though.
sub Wrote:Reboot and try again.

We've had the occasional user receive this error over the years, so I don't think it's anything new introduced in 4.0.4. I'm not really sure what causes it though.

I did reboot after submitting the post and so far there's been no problem. I've never had this particular issue happen before with prior versions.

I have noticed some improvements in performance with the new version, Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work that has gone into nextPVR.
Thank you for
I get this error from time to time when I shut the server down and restart it through the start menu but when I look at Windows Services afterwards it actually restarted anyway. I just ignore it when I get it.

I think, as a novice who can write a working script 1 out of a 1000 times and screw things up the other 999 scripts, the script starts the service then a portion of the script that notifies the script the status of the service startup action comes back as failed because it thinks it can't start the service, which it can't at that point in the script, because it is already running, even though the script started the service.

Geez, that made me dizzy.