NextPVR Forums

Full Version: fresh install: no sound/image for live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Installed 4.0.4 on a Win7 machine, Haupauge Win7 tuner fed by Verizon FIOS clear QAM.

I can successfully play audio and video from files.
When Live TV is selected there is no sound/picture. If I select try to select a new channel, the channel selection list box title says "not responding".
Temporary files are created to hold the the stream (07/29/2017 03:19 PM live-WGBH-4669.ts) but they are always zero length.

WinTV and WMC both are both working for live/recording the QAM TV.

Than in advance,
Drew

P.S. Tired of trying to keep WindowsMediaCenter running, so hoped nexttPVR would be an alternative
Ignoring live tv for now, can you record and get a valid file?
I used the guide listings and quick record to try to record.

for example, a directory was created CBS Weekend News, with the file "CBS Weekend News_20170730_18001830.ts". But the file was 0 length, and stayed zero length even after the new program had ended. I tried another quick record, the directory/file was created, but the file was zero length.

So no, recording does not work
Can you delete your channels, try scanning again, then post the npvr.log?
deleting the channels and rescanning seems to have fixed the problem. Recording and live TV create the expected files, and live TV shows up on the display.
Thanx
Ok great.