NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Many many problems after updating to latest version!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Upgraded to 4.04 (170731) and everything has gone wrong!

Been using NextPVR for probably around 3 years now and no issues until now
I ended up uninstalling everything, restarting the PC then reinstalling biut no good.
It's aa Avermedia TV stick(USB) that has provided good service and everything was working fine until the update.

These are the issues :-
TV Guide is now all over the place. For example, CBBC is listed as channel 3 not ITV, when it should be 120.
Apart from BBC1 and BBC it looks like every other channel number is miles out.

Live TV - doesn't matter what channel I choose or what video decoder I pick the result is the same. I get a picture for around 2 seconds then a blank screen. Audio carries on playing. Any previously recorded TV stil plays back fine.

Really teariiing my hair out with this so any help would be very much appreciated. I think I've attached the logs OOK
nottmsteve Wrote:TV Guide is now all over the place. For example, CBBC is listed as channel 3 not ITV, when it should be 120.
Apart from BBC1 and BBC it looks like every other channel number is miles out.

The quickest way to fix the channels is probably to go to Settings --> Channels and delete all of the channels and then rescan in Settings --> Devices ... but ... you will probably need to delete and redo any recordings that you have set because the channel delete and rescan will give the channels new identifiers in the NextPVR database and the existing recordings will point to the old identifiers and will not record anything.

Let us know when the channels are fixed and then we can look at the Live TV problem.
Just an FYI

Freeview is doing a re organise of channels today (mainly kids/news section), so rescanning today might give odd results while they are moving things around
Graham Wrote:The quickest way to fix the channels is probably to go to Settings --> Channels and delete all of the channels and then rescan in Settings --> Devices ... but ... you will probably need to delete and redo any recordings that you have set because the channel delete and rescan will give the channels new identifiers in the NextPVR database and the existing recordings will point to the old identifiers and will not record anything.

Let us know when the channels are fixed and then we can look at the Live TV problem.

Yep, been there done that, and more than once !

Recordings I've set weren't affected. I'm an old timer so record The Bill everyday - yes, I know I'm a sad old man but hey ho. NextPVR picked it up from my previously set "record all episodes" and it has.

Playback of the recording is fine, apart from the on screen controls no longer work so I have to right click to stop. Live TV is still the same though - a picture for maybe 2 seconds then a black screen.
Live TV issue may be cured by deselecting "Use alternate OSD for missing video" in Settings->Misc2->Misc
nottmsteve Wrote:Yep, been there done that, and more than once !

Was the list of channels empty when you clicked on a device in Settings --> Devices before doing a scan on that device? It may be that I have remembered the process incorrectly ... you may need to delete the channels in Settings --> Devices.

One option to try might be to delete the channels in Settings --> Channels and then stop and start NextPVR. In any event, the Device Channels list ( shown at http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...etupDialog ) needs to be empty before you scan or the database might retain incorrect information
Petrovski Wrote:Live TV issue may be cured by deselecting "Use alternate OSD for missing video" in Settings->Misc2->Misc

Brilliant ! Thank you. That's fixed the Live TV issue.

Now just the onscreen buttons that don't work and the incredible mess that is the channel numbers!
All the channels were listed, so I deleted them all and scanned again - more than once!

I didn't stop/start the recording service though so may give that a whirl. Someone also mentioned that Freeview are re-organising channels today so i think I may leave that one till the morning.
At least the Live TV works now but the onscreen buttons are just to look at and do nothing!

Thanks everyone for the help so far Smile
nottmsteve Wrote:At least the Live TV works now but the onscreen buttons are just to look at and do nothing!
Try switching back to the default EVR video renderer.
I have noticed that the On Screen Controls(especially the stop button and the channel up down buttons) will not gain focus(change from white to gray) with the mouse pointer on top of them. For the stop bottom, keep moving the mouse pointer left and the stop button will get focus. Now click. Same for the up/down. Placing the mouse pointer on the down channel button should see the up channel button get focus. To get the down channel button to get focus keep moving the mouse pointer to the right till focus is established. I noticed this behavior on the server not on the clients.
Pages: 1 2