NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Late night recordings failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in UK and a big fan of NextPVR, but have been having a problem with late night recordings.

This is not new, but only just getting around to trying to find a solution.

I upgraded to 4.0.4, but it was also happening with 3.9.2. It worked fine earlier. I suspect it may be something outside NextPVR causing the issue. Win 10?

Does anyone have any idea please what might be causing it?

I'm running NextPVR on a Windows 10 machine with a TBS 6205 Quad DVB-T/T2 BDA Tuner card.

Recordings during the day work perfectly almost all of the time, but if I try to programme a show to record anytime between about 01:15am and about 04:00am it consistently fails.

It shows up in NPVR as having recorded fine, but the files are cut short or the picture is corrupted.

Shows programmed to start recording before that time but which run into it fail at the same time.

For example on Thursday I had set Grand Designs Australia to record from 01:05 - 02:25, and Grand Designs to record from 02:10 to 03:25.

The Grand Designs Australia file is only 1minute32 long and 22MB. Something has caused the recording process to cut the file short.

The Grand Designs file is 227MB long (still far too small) but the image is corrupted.

I suspect this could be a Windows 10 maintenance routine kicking in and hogging the processor, disrupting the recording, but I have no idea how to diagnose it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Logs attached.

Thanks for reading.
There is no obvious signs of anything else happening during those two specific recordings.

I do notice in a couple of places your signal quality was dropping away. What you described, particularly with picture corruption could be related to that.

2017-08-03 01:05:00.366 [DEBUG][269] locked=1, present=1, strength=86, quality=100 (took 15ms to check)
2017-08-03 01:05:00.757 [DEBUG][269] locked=1, present=1, strength=83, quality=49 (took 31ms to check)