NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 4.0.4 new demux only 1 second of video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just upgraded - with the new demux I get less than 1 second of video before I get darkness - happens on SD or HD. I've only updated NPVR nothing else, it's all ok if I use legacy setting. -any ideas?

Logs show about 5 seconds of HD live tv then about the same of SD tv.
Oh - just checked a previous recording they all seem happy with the new demux.
for Live TV with the new TS reader it appears you have to untick "Use alternate OSD with missing video" in Settings->Misc2.
(Sub - this issue should be in a sticky until you resolve it!)
^ that seems to have sorted it thanks. Sorry if I missed that somewhere else on the forum, I did have a mooch around but could not see anything obvious.
I'm seeing this issue with live tv, and I have the alternate video option unticked.....
I'm seeing similar problems. I have the alternate video unticked and have tried it both with the legacy NPVR TS checked and unchecked. When watching live TV the screen is either black or shows the program from 1 to 8 seconds before freezing. When recording the programs I have 0 size ts files or small (a few KB) size files. Playing back the recording with small files they last from 1 secord to 8 seconds. On the 0 size files the information shown for the recordings in NPVR is "No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal." I'm using a Ceton InfiniTV PCIe tuner on Windows Pro 7. I started getting this problem when I upgraded to 4.0.4. I uninstalled 4.0.4 and reinstalled 3.9.2 but I am getting the same problems on the older version. Zipped Log files attached. This has been happening only on certain channels ABC HD and SD, CBS HD and SD, and CW HD and SD. All of the other channels work fine.
ducbucln Wrote:I'm seeing similar problems. I have the alternate video unticked and have tried it both with the legacy NPVR TS checked and unchecked. When watching live TV the screen is either black or shows the program from 1 to 8 seconds before freezing. When recording the programs I have 0 size ts files or small (a few KB) size files. Playing back the recording with small files they last from 1 secord to 8 seconds. On the 0 size files the information shown for the recordings in NPVR is "No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal." I'm using a Ceton InfiniTV PCIe tuner on Windows Pro 7. I started getting this problem when I upgraded to 4.0.4. I uninstalled 4.0.4 and reinstalled 3.9.2 but I am getting the same problems on the older version. Zipped Log files attached. This has been happening only on certain channels ABC HD and SD, CBS HD and SD, and CW HD and SD. All of the other channels work fine.
This is likely to be something different. You might need to open the Ceton device's web page, and see what it says is happening on a good channel vs a bad channel.

Your cable company isn't marking these channels as copy-once/copy-never? In this scenario, you can get a few seconds of clear video before the device realises, and stops the stream.
sub Wrote:This is likely to be something different. You might need to open the Ceton device's web page, and see what it says is happening on a good channel vs a bad channel.

Your cable company isn't marking these channels as copy-once/copy-never? In this scenario, you can get a few seconds of clear video before the device realises, and stops the stream.

I contacted my cable company (Mediacom) support board before I contacted you and asked them if these channels were copy-once. They wouldn't give me a straight answer. They said the network channel stations controlled the flags on the signals and they were not involved. I did an internet search trying to find out if they were copy-once but couldn't find any information. Are you saying if they were copy-once it is possible to still receive a few seconds before it stopped because of the copy protection?
ducbucln Wrote:Are you saying if they were copy-once it is possible to still receive a few seconds before it stopped because of the copy protection?
Yes, I've seen this myself in some setups.

I'm not that familiar with the Ceton device, but from memory you can see this information in it's status web pages, which should allow you to confirm.
Otherwise, do a short recording from one of these channels, and supply the file (via dropbox, or onedrive or similar) and I'll take a look.
Pages: 1 2