NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to manually add channels to NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently installed a Haupagge Quad Tuner in my HTPC. It is in a accommodation above a pub. It has a coaxial cable run from the AV system which modules a lot of the cable tv channels and the free to air channels. WinTV that comes with the tuner card picks up all the channels and displays them without issue doing a normal dvb-t scan - however NextPVR only picks up the free to air channels.

Is there anyway for me to copy the frequencies and SID from WinTV 8.5 over to NextPVR so that it picks up the extra channels?
Have you tried scanning with "all countries, all regions"? this should scan everything? (but take some time).

Or, If you can make note of the frequencies from wintv, you could manually edit them into the ini file you picked for your region in the \Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-T directory.
martint123 Wrote:Have you tried scanning with "all countries, all regions"? this should scan everything? (but take some time).

Or, If you can make note of the frequencies from wintv, you could manually edit them into the ini file you picked for your region in the \Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-T directory.

That helped. There are 4 fox boxes on the same frequency with different SID's. I added a new line to the DVB-T file using its frequency and it picked up 2 of the 4 fox channels.

I just incremented the number at the top and used the new line

6=6,683500,0,0,7

I don't know what the 0,0,7 represent, I just copied them.

The SIDs on that frequency I want to pick up are 101,102,103,104
If you want to do a scan, and post your npvr.log, and your "C:\Users\Public\WinTV\Channel Database\hcwChanDB_5.mdb", and the names of the couple of channels not picked up, I'll check why NextPVR isn't finding them.
Hi,

Thanks for helping. I've attached the two files as a zip file. It's the missing fox boxes I can't figure out.

Cheers,

Mike
Are the FOXBOX-3/4/5 channels viewable in WinTV?

Can you download the evaluation version of TSCapture from http://tscapture.com, and scan Australia / All Regions, which should give you FOXBOX-1/2, then do a 30 second or so full transport stream recording, then put the file on dropbox or onedrive, and let me know the download link?