NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Updated to 4.0.4.170820 HD Channels Breaking Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've Just updated to the latest Next PVR version 4.0.4.170820

HD Channels are now getting picture break up quite badly and and are black screening on opening an HD channel more often than not. Also HD Recordings from a couple of weeks ago are breaking up on scene change.
This is with the new mux and NPVRTSReader4 using PDVD13 codec (LAV and Microsoft having same problems)
Previously the new mux was a bit jittery on start or signal glitches but working mostly OK.
Will the previous version of NPVRTSReader4 work by just replacing or are there dependencies that require a complete roll back?

I/ve got 9 hours to fix the car and sort this before the misses comes back from work :eek:

Logs attached from a clean start - don't think they show much though.

(Just gone back to the legacy TSReader which is OK but would like to get the new one back running again)
When you get a chance, can you see if either of these help?

If not, can you make a short sample recording and supply?
sub Wrote:When you get a chance, can you see if either of these help?

If not, can you make a short sample recording and supply?

Just gave both a (very) short test

A) gets picture breakup

B) No picture breakup on limited testing on a couple of the HD Channels or the recording that was breaking up on scene changes. Possibly better picture than the NPVRTSReader4 in the 310717 update. I'll let you know once I have more time to watch.

Hopefully SWMBO won't notice I've been messing about with her Big Grin TV again.
Using the B version above
Done several hours of testing various Channels HD & SD - this is the most stable I have seen since 4.0.4 came out. Only thing I have noticed is that MPEG 2 Audio takes about 15 seconds to sinc on opening live SD TV Otherwise much better than the legacy reader & Microsoft demux.
Sub

I just installed 404.170820, having last friday rolled back to 392 as 404 was proving to be completely unusable for me (and I couldn't seem to collect any useful logs). This included npvr completely hanging and then wiping out my ini file upon restart. twice..
I noted from the 170820 fix list that all of the problems that I had been encountering seem to have been fixed in this release but I then saw this thread! bugger.

Anyway, I installed the B version above (left legacy reader unticked) , using PDVD13 decoder and we just watched an hour of Freeview HD without any glitch whatsoever so it looks like 404 is finally working for me.
gEd Wrote:Anyway, I installed the B version above (left legacy reader unticked) , using PDVD13 decoder and we just watched an hour of Freeview HD without any glitch whatsoever so it looks like 404 is finally working for me.
Great!

FYI, the installer was updated again to include the B version by default. For those that managed to download it before I did this update, they can either add the B version from above, or just rerun the updated installer.
Updated to 4.0.4.171121 yesterday and the bottom quarter of the picture breaks up / has green flashes on the bottom few lines
on live and recorded HD Channels (not sure about SD)

Whilst trying to get rid of it by replacing TSReader4 with an earlier one, I was distracted and replaced NextPVR.exe with the one dated 20/08/2017 05:48 (from 4.0.4.170820) by mistake - No picture breakup!
Today realizing my mistake I replaced NextPVR.exe with the latest one from the installer - picture breakup again, and then replaced TSReader4 with the B version above (also in the newer 4.0.0.170820 installer) which gives a good picture again.

So something with the combination of the latest versions of NextPVR.exe and the TSReader4.ax is out of sinc.

Actually thinking about it, it looks like the picture tearing that I had back in the very early days of Win XP and GBPVR which disappeared with an upgrade to Vista.
Lao Pan Wrote:Whilst trying to get rid of it by replacing TSReader4 with an earlier one, I was distracted and replaced NextPVR.exe with the one dated 20/08/2017 05:48 (from 4.0.4.170820) by mistake - No picture breakup!
Today realizing my mistake I replaced NextPVR.exe with the latest one from the installer - picture breakup again, and then replaced TSReader4 with the B version above (also in the newer 4.0.0.170820 installer) which gives a good picture again.

So something with the combination of the latest versions of NextPVR.exe and the TSReader4.ax is out of sinc.
Honestly, I can't imagine that being possible, but post the logs for both combinations of NextPVR.exe and I'll see if I can see any difference.

NextPVR.exe itself plays no part in playback. It's only really responsible for drawing the menu screens etc.
sub Wrote:Honestly, I can't imagine that being possible, but post the logs for both combinations of NextPVR.exe and I'll see if I can see any difference.

NextPVR.exe itself plays no part in playback. It's only really responsible for drawing the menu screens etc.

I'll have a trial with all 3 combos with logs tomorrow morning after the remote control guard Big Grin has gone to work - should have an hour then.

Would NextPVR.exe have any bearing on how long before the stream starts playing / buffer length ?
Lao Pan Wrote:Would NextPVR.exe have any bearing on how long before the stream starts playing / buffer length ?
No, all that type of stuff is lower level stuff, that happens either in Unmanaged.dll or NPVRTSReader.ax etc.
Pages: 1 2 3