NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP boot problem - stops at "Contacting Servers"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi.

I am struggling getting my newly acquired MVP to connect to the GBPVR server.

As soon as I start the original Hauppauge software services it brings up the native UI nicely, and that part works just fine. The two Hauppauge services I have changed to start manually in the services part of Control panel (XPSP2).

However, trying to get the GBPVR frontend up and running has been without any success. The MVP is booting to the point where it is "Contacting Servers", after which it just stays there.

I'm now running the latest 0.91.11 but have also been trying earlier with 0.91.07.

The GBPVR server is running with a fixed IP and currently with the firewall fully disabled(!)

I have been through the threads and among many other things tried using both my Linksys WRT54GS and Windows Server 2003 DHCP service with same unsuccessful results.

Any input is greatly appreciated as I'm pilot testing for a group of colleagues looking for the 'perfect PVR', which this will be if only the MediaMVP would boot up Sad

Added the gbpvr.exe.log file if that is of any use.

Brgds,
Niels
Which firewall are you using? I ask because with Sygate (the free one at least), even disabling it will not allow MVP access, you need to enter an advanced rule allowing its MAC address.

*edit* wasn't thinking - as you have the hauppauge software working it isn't the above. I'll leave it there though in case it helps someone else! Smile
...is the Native XP firewall, but ast stated disabled for debugging purposes.

Also running AVAST virus scanner. Other than that a pretty clean install.
Have you tried a direct connect with LAN crossover? Disable DHCP and use IP 192.123.1.1

Cheers

Alan
Hi Saintalan

Thank's for the input.

Just tried the crossover option. Same results. GB-PVR MediaMVP server is not found by the MediaMVP. It stays booting between 'block' 1 and 2 in the initial boot window. Starting the Hauppauge services brought the Hauppauge UI up without any further interaction.

Taking the services down and bringing up the GBPVR MVP server didn't help even when leaving the MVP-device on 'Contacting Servers'...

Any other ideas?

FWIW the device is Model 86002 Rev D3A

Rgds,
Niels
Hi Tipstir.

My default setup is actually to have my GBPVR machine setup with 192.168.1.100 to be shure it matches the router config for the web interface (which is very cool btw :p )

The MVP-device actually gets an IP address on the same subnet according to the Routers DHCP-status. The fact that the Hauppauge software is working also suggests that they see each other networkwise.

And as stated before, I'm actually running 0.91.11 (upgraded, not clean install).

Brgds,
Niels
nia Wrote:...My default setup is actually to have my GBPVR machine setup with 192.168.1.100 to be shure it matches the router config for the web interface (which is very cool btw :p )...

Hi what do you mean by the web interface. I dont use it for TV so the only use I have is for the Weather plug in. Are you talking about some general web interface?

cheers

alan
Just to check, how are you managing the MVP via GBPVR? Are you using the Autostart setting in the config app, or are you manually starting the MVP server (from the GBPVR start menu group)?
Hi Bluesxman

I've tried different approaches. Currently I have set the config-app. MVP-option "Number of servers to autostart" to 1.

Furthermore I have the MVP-Server app in the Startup group so it is starting with the PC.

/Niels
That might be your problem. Remove it from your startup group, make sure it isn't running (or reboot), check that the GBPVR recording service is running and the Hauppauge services aren't, then try it again!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5