NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "Devices" question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I last used Nextpvr a couple years ago when my cable tv provider was Cox. I've since moved to a new location where I now have Comcast. I'm installing NextPVR into a newly built HTPC (running Win 7 Pro 32-bit) with the new Comcast TV provider. My question is about the Devices. That setup initially shows multiple devices. I'm running a Silicon Dust HDHR Prime device which has a 3 tuner Motorola CableCard. SD TV viewer works fine and I can see all my channels. But I need some direction with my NextPVR setup.

Setup Devices finds the following. Which set of three tuners should I use? Can I delete the unused ones? I don't ever remember (from a few years ago) having multiple versions of the same single device before? Could this have something to do with the "new" Comcast video mpeg-4 video format? Thanks .. Rich
You'd normally not get both versions, but you might if the BDA drivers are also installed for this device. If you delete them, they'll probably just be redetected when you come back to the Devices screen.

Just use the "HDHR" ones, and ignore the ATSC/QAM ones.
Wow ... thanks for the quick reply .. Been using a Comcast DVR since we moved up here and I miss my HTPC. I'm scanning for channels now Thanks ..
The scan produced a few hundred channels. I selected the 38 channels (all HD) I wanted and worked on the first few channels setting them up as a test. I tried all the codecs I had installed and all I have are black screens, no video or audio. I wonder if I have some kind of problem in the mapping area. Attached is a view of the "Channel Details" area. Every channel I set up there initially comes up with "3-WFSB" in the mapping field. I change it to the proper channel and hit okay. But it always resets itself to "3-WFSB" which is the first channel in my channel list. After mapping all the channels and re-checking them, they are all set to that one same value. Could this why I'm not getting any channels to work. The HDHomerun view application plays all the channels without any problem.
Rich A Wrote:The scan produced a few hundred channels. I selected the 38 channels (all HD) I wanted and worked on the first few channels setting them up as a test. I tried all the codecs I had installed and all I have are black screens, no video or audio. I wonder if I have some kind of problem in the mapping area.
It wont be to do with the EPG mapping. All this will effect is whether you get TV listings or not. Maybe try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if it starts working.

Quote:Attached is a view of the "Channel Details" area. Every channel I set up there initially comes up with "3-WFSB" in the mapping field. I change it to the proper channel and hit okay. But it always resets itself to "3-WFSB" which is the first channel in my channel list. After mapping all the channels and re-checking them, they are all set to that one same value. Could this why I'm not getting any channels to work. The HDHomerun view application plays all the channels without any problem.
I'm pretty sure your cablecard channels will all have originally had a mapping of None. They probably default to the first channel when you set the source to Schedules Direct.

Try going into the 'Bulk Map' screen, and manually set a couple of channels, then it should offer to do the rest of the mappings for you.
To explain some more .. I am able to end up with all the channels showing up and proper listings in the programs EPG and channel listings. But no video on any of them. I tried a short recording, which resulted in a zero byte file that was supposedly an mpeg-2 transport stream ? So I guess what you are saying is that I don't have a channel mapping problem and there is some other reason I can't get any video to work?
Rich A Wrote:To explain some more .. I am able to end up with all the channels showing up and proper listings in the programs EPG and channel listings.
Ok, great.

Quote:But no video on any of them. I tried a short recording, which resulted in a zero byte file that was supposedly an mpeg-2 transport stream ? So I guess what you are saying is that I don't have a channel mapping problem and there is some other reason I can't get any video to work?
Given the recording is zero byte, and going on past experience with HDHR devices, I'm pretty sure you have something getting in the way of communication, like either firewall, antivirus or netnanny type software.

If you want to post the logs showing an attempted recording though, I'll check there is no other errors listed.
Okay, tomorrow after a good night's sleep I'll attack this and check your suggestions. I'm sure things should be looking better with a fresh mind and a fresh cup of morning coffee. <grin> Thanks again.
Firewall and A/V turned off. Still no joy. Have you had any trouble reported recently by people using HDHR Prime with it's most recent firmware update and a Comcast TV provider ? ( 20170815 ) I'm having trouble with two PVR programs that I know used to work. The firmware update was just released earlier this month.
I haven't seen any reports of problems.

If you can attempt a recording, and post the logs, I'll check if anything stands out.
Pages: 1 2