NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't get MPEG1 and AVC audio decoders to play nice with each other.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to receive cable on my University campus through QAM signal.

I've succeeded in getting working video on all channels. The problem is being able to switch from one channel to the other without getting an audio codec error.

Some of these channels seem to use AC3 audio, and the other half uses MPEG1. Only one will work at a time, no matter what combination of codecs I try. The codecs I have for each are:

MPEG1:
ffdshow audio decoder
MPEG audio decoder
LAV audio decoder
Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder
CyberLink audio decoder (PDVD12)

AC3:
ffdshow audio decoder
LAV audio decoder
Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder
CyberLink audio decoder (PDVD12)

Whichever combination I use, I'll get one of two messages on some channels:
"Missing audio? You dont have a MPEG1 decoder selected. You can fix this on the Settings->Decoders screen."
or
"Missing audio? You dont have a AC3 decoder selected. You can fix this on the Settings->Decoders screen."

Both work, but never together. Any advice on how to get the settings to play nice?
There were some earlier problems in this area. The latest version of the download should fix them. The latest version of the download has the same name (including the date part of the name) as earlier versions of the download. In short ... download NextPVR again and run the installer again to see if that help.

If the problem persists ... Recreate the problem, Go to NextPVR Settings --> About and click the button the create a zip file containing the logs, attach the zip file to a post telling us the time that you saw the error so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.
Graham Wrote:There were some earlier problems in this area. The latest version of the download should fix them. The latest version of the download has the same name (including the date part of the name) as earlier versions of the download. In short ... download NextPVR again and run the installer again to see if that help.

If the problem persists ... Recreate the problem, Go to NextPVR Settings --> About and click the button the create a zip file containing the logs, attach the zip file to a post telling us the time that you saw the error so that we know where to look in the logs. Thanks.

I uninstalled NPVR and reinstalled from a fresh installer from the site, but the problem persists.

Attached are my logs after I switched between working and nonworking channels.
Are you able to reproduce it playing a recording from one of these channels? If so, could you supply a short sample recording? (put it somewhere like dropbox or onedrive and let me know the link)