NextPVR Forums

Full Version: SAT>IP device found but not displayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed a Telestar Digibit R1 on my network. It is discovered by NextPVR (see attached logs) but doesn't show up on the devices screen. Any clues as to why not?

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE
Of course, as soon as I post, it finds the device. Please ignore this post.
Hi liteswap,

I am currently on the lookout for a SAT>IP device but am really struggling to find much about them (including reviews and which one to get).

There seem to be a few models knocking around - why did you choose that particular model and how are you getting on with it, generally?
Hi elsmandino

Glad you asked: I bought this particular device largely because it seems to have attracted the most support and third party/community knowledge. There's not a whole lot of products out there right now anyway. Incidentally, I bought mine through Amazon.de, which was cheaper than any of the UK suppliers (including P&P).

As for how it's going, once NextPVR recognised it, it's been fine, no particular problems, though the web interface and features are both pretty basic.

I've had one problem though that I've not been able to fix, namely that instances of NextPVR running elsewhere in the house have not been able to access the Digibit. The logs show they send the SAT>IP discovery packet but nothing comes back. Even though they're all on the latest version, I'm wondering if the fact that the one I use most, in the PVR in the living room, is connected to the same network switch, whereas all the others go through the broadband router's in-built switch. It's the only difference I can think that might affect SAT>IP discovery, but I've been unable to discover any filtering or firewall settings that might have have affected this.
Thank you for that.

That was my original thinking about the Digbit R1 - there appears to be someone releasing independent firmware updates. The other major plus point is that it is much cheaper than some of the competition.

That being said, two of the competitors:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Megasat-SAT-IP-...s=SAT%3Eip

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triax-310101-Co...s=SAT%3Eip

are more expensive, but from what I have translated from some German reviews of them, they seem to offer much lower power consumption and are much easier to mount on a wall. They don't, however, seem to have a USB port.

What I am ultimately intending to do is have three of the tuners connected to a Sky Minidish, pointing at 28.2e, and then connected to the fourth to a motorisied dish.

Do you happen to know whether the Digibit supports DiSEqc 1.2 or USALS?
Quote:Do you happen to know whether the Digibit supports DiSEqc 1.2 or USALS?

The manual says it supports Unicable and DiSEqC 1.0 - beyond that, I can't be much help, I'm afraid. You can find the manual as a PDF online in English, if you search for Multibox Sat>IP (it's one of the Digibit's many incarnations).

Good hunting!
NextPVR cant drive motors etc It can only natively do diseqc 4 way switching. A SAT>IP might do it automatically for you though.