NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Plex DVR with nextPVR? Possible and what is required!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
So, I love nextPVR and use it for my main TV from a Windows server, we currently utilise Kodi with the PVR add-on to connect to nextpvr to allow TV guide and live TV.
I see that Plex now supports DVR as well and was wondering what would need to be done to allow Plex to see nextpvr as a DVR server? Is it even possible?
Cheers
Phil
Plex DVR is a standalone PVR/DVR application that supports just a few tuners and not other PVR backends like Kodi.

Martin
I will have a look at this and try to figure out how to "install" it on Plex. Might give me something useful to use on some of the clients.
Cheers
As a Plex lifetime subscriber, what I would really like to see is a means of scraping the PlexDVR guide data and exporting in XMLTV format to use with NextPVR.

The PlexDVR functionality has gotten very unreliable for me since summer despite full OS reinstall. NextPVR is working great.

Being able to leverage the included Plex EPG data would at least give me some value out of that lifetime subscription.
You don't own anything and reading the Plex TOS I doubt this is legal https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloa...odal-terms For a cup of coffee a month Schedules Direct is a no brainer/

Quote:1.4. Content Available Through the Plex Solution. In connection with the foregoing grant to use the Plex Solution, the Plex Solution allows you to view or otherwise access original Plex or third party Content. “Content” includes, but is not limited to, text, graphics, photos, sounds, audio, and videos in the form of, by way of example and not limitation, news reports, podcasts, videos, and music. The availability of such Content may change and not all Content is available in all formats. Use of the Content is subject to the license grant for the Plex Solution, but in addition, shall remain non-transferable and may be subject to additional license grant terms set by the respective third party licensor(s). Third-party Content displayed or accessible through the Plex Solution is protected by copyright and other intellectual property law and belongs to the respective owner(s) or licensor(s). This TOS does not grant you the right to copy (further), distribute, prepare derivative works, publicly display, or otherwise use any Content. You are expressly prohibited from engaging in or facilitating the unauthorized sharing or distribution of Content.

Martin
(2017-09-09, 10:08 AM)Pbathuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
So, I love nextPVR and use it for my main TV from a Windows server, we currently utilise Kodi with the PVR add-on to connect to nextpvr to allow TV guide and live TV.
I see that Plex now supports DVR as well and was wondering what would need to be done to allow Plex to see nextpvr as a DVR server? Is it even possible?
Cheers
Phil

After setting up NextPVR as a DVR ftp ports server in Plex, you can access live TV and your recordings through the Plex interface.
(2021-02-21, 12:50 PM)digidad Wrote: [ -> ]The PlexDVR functionality has gotten very unreliable for me since summer despite full OS reinstall.

Plex DVR was quite unreliable for me on Windows. I rebuilt my server on Ubuntu and it has been rock solid. I use HDHomerun abd a Hauppauge PCI-E tuners.