NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Difference between NPVR and NEWA recordings lists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a problem with a number of imported recordings from a series where the file name of some contained "Of" and others "of". This resulted in the list of recordings being split in to two separate lists in both NPVR and NEWA. (One list of 40 recordings and one of 20).
I edited the name in the npvr.db3 database and restarted NPVR (and service).
NPVR now shows the series under one list in the Recordings screen (60 recordings) but NEWA still has the series split into two separate lists (40 & 20).

Have I missed something?
Bobins Wrote:Have I missed something?

NEWA modern breaks recordings by season. Do you have multiple icons?

Martin
All the series episodes are the same file name with - SxxExx at the end of the file name and in a single directory with no added .jpg files.
Fan art is the same for both the series lists in NEWA (the same as the single list in NPVR)

Is Modern using the file name rather than the "Name" entries in the database?
Bobins Wrote:All the series episodes are the same file name with - SxxExx at the end of the file name and in a single directory with no added .jpg files.
Fan art is the same for both the series lists in NEWA (the same as the single list in NPVR)

Is Modern using the file name rather than the "Name" entries in the database?

Modern doesn't use NEWA calls it uses ones of sub's call's to get the recording lists. Are your sure all your Sxx have the same xx.

If you capture and compress and post the text output from http://localhost:8866/services/service?m...ormat=json there probably is an explanation.

Martin
I had a look at that capture and it highlights there must be a difference in the way files are handled for display.

NPVR seems to use the "Name" field in the database to group series recordings.

The text output seems to be using the file name to group recordings.

So as example if my files were "Game of Thrones - SxxExx" and "Game OF Thrones - SxxExx" and their database "Name" field was the same (Game of Thrones or Game OF Thrones), NPVR displays two separate series lists.
If the database "Name" field is changed to "Game of Thrones" for all file variants, NPVR displays one series list.

The text dump though continues to group the files into separate Game of Thrones and a Game OF Thrones series lists so must be extracting using logic on the file name and not the "Name" field in the database.

I think I'll have to edit my file names to be consistent and then fix the corresponding database entries to match before my split lists will become one.