NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomerun Quatro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone try one of the very new HDHR Quatro boxes yet? Just got one today and the HDHR DVR picks it up by scans are not working in NPVR. No firewall problems that I can see.
I'll try again and if no luck, can send logs.
Duh, word to the wise, don't get old! I was scanning QAM which has been dead here for 2 years. Put my glasses on, and actually read the setup screen and BAM, I'm in biz!
Have a laugh on me.
Paul - do you have any idea how the reception on the Quatro compares to the Extend or the older Connect?
I have an early Extend and the Quatro found more channels and of those channels, seems to me, gets better signal strength. I've only used it for recording 1 night but what I recorded last night came out fine.
From the HDHR forum discussion on this tuner they've shared a few things that I didn't know explaining what's different about this tuner and ATSC in general:

Quote:The full-mux bandwidth of ATSC is 19.2Mbps. GigE doesn't add any benefit to a tuner.
GigE doesn't add any benefit to a tuner? Transcode is expensive - lot of specialized processing power and a lot of RAM (ie why the HDTC is $179 vs CONNECT is $99)
Gen 5 US models use the new MaxLinear MxL692 tuner-demod. Gen 4 US models use a Panasonic demod.
Gen 5 supports the same libhdhomerun (and hdhomerun_config command line) control as earlier models and should be compatible with (most) existing implementations. Some programs that are designed to recognize specific models instead of looking at the capabilities of the device (e.g. EyeTV) may need updates.
Wider roll out of DUO is underway. QUATRO will be BestBuy (incl online) only until the end of the year.
DVB-T2 (HDHR5-2DT and HDHR5-4DT) is in the pipeline for release later this year.
You may have slightly better signal quality on fringe signals. Beyond that we don't have much info other than they changed to the Maxlinier tuners for the OTA units now.
Based upon what I read of on the SD forum, it sounds like the new tuner has a slightly better NF. I sure hope that it has an IP3 as good as the gen 4 tuners - I live in an area with a combo of strong and weak signals.
pcostanza Wrote:Duh, word to the wise, don't get old! I was scanning QAM which has been dead here for 2 years. Put my glasses on, and actually read the setup screen and BAM, I'm in biz!
Have a laugh on me.

so mine is seen as well and enabled but when I click scan it doesn't detect any. I am not following what you mean by QAM... can you point me in the right direction?
TeleFragger Wrote:so mine is seen as well and enabled but when I click scan it doesn't detect any. I am not following what you mean by QAM... can you point me in the right direction?
In those NextPVR screenshots, you're scanning QAM, which is digital cable. In those HDHR screenshots, you're showing ATSC, via an antenna. If you're saying you can get those same channels in NextPVR, then you need to be scanning ATSC not QAM.
You will need to rerun the hdhomerun setup software. Once you do, you will see the atsc channels of the Quatro.
Yeah im lost. I am not sure what hdhomerun setup software setup your mentioning... but ill try..hah
so I downloaded the HDHomerun software and all I got was uninstall or repair... chose repair. I'm clueless on this one. usually I can hang (been doin this since 1992).
Pages: 1 2