NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't get MP4 file to play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi there

I've been trying to get this video file to play in NextPVR, without success:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hom718ecvl6zek...9.mp4?dl=0

My setup is:
  • Windows 10 Home
  • NextPVR 4.0.4
  • SAF 632 codec pack

I've attached the NPVR logs, and 2 image files - one showing the Codec Information when the video file is played in VLC an the other, when GraphEdit renders the file.

The VLC code info shows the file contains 2 video streams (H264 MPEG-4 AVC and MJPG), an audio stream and subtitles. The GraphEdit shows that the LAV decoders are used for both Video and Audio.

I've read that for anything other than .ts files, NextPVR hands the file to Windows to decode, but in that case i'm not sure why the LAV decoders are used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been trying to resolve this issues for the last couple of days.
PS: When I say NextPVR won't play the file, I mean that I get a black screen with no audio.

Cheers
Make sure you have both the 32bit LAV splitter and decoder installed.

Martin
Hi Martin

The LAV decoders were installed as part of the SAF632 pack. I'm running 64-bit Windows and there wasn't an option during the install to select any 32bit options.

Following the install, I noticed that there is a "LAV Splitter Configuration" icon on my Windows Start Menu and obviously GraphEdit is showing that the LAV Decoder is activated. What else should I check?

Cheers
Did you try to play a .mp4 file in that log? I can only see an attempt to play a .ts file.

or are you just talking about an .ts file with H.264 video track, which the is sometimes called MPEG-4 AVC.
Hi Sub

The URL I was trying to play on NextPVR definitely has an .mp4 extension. Not sure why the log would show it was a .ts file?

Cheers
Sub

Just had a look at the NRecord log. There is an entry there for the file:

2017-10-16 19:34:44.064 [DEBUG][19] IPTV: Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'http://epicstream.tv:7000/movie/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXX/7179.mp4':

Cheers
That's not NextPVR playing a .mp4 file though. This is a recording from a stream, and for this type of IPTV URL, which is one NextPVR can't handle natively, it asks ffmpeg to convert it to a transport stream before we even look at it.

Do you actually have a .mp4 file on your hard drive you're trying to play?
Hi Sub

No, the mp4 file is an IPTV URL.

I downloaded a small part of the file and put a link to it in the first post. This is what I used for the GraphEdit render.

Cheers
sydneybrit Wrote:No, the mp4 file is an IPTV URL.

Your original post and thread title is what is confusing us. Effectively from your logs you actually are trying to play the transocded IPTV file
'C:\Users\Public\Videos\live-iptv-6a0ad5cf715c4d4c85869a4494a327f2.ts' and not an mp4 so this file will be played with NextPVR settings.

From the logs it looks like you might not have an HE-AAC decoder mapped so that is the first step.

However NextPVR seems to be mapping the file to MPEG audio which will also be wrong

2017-10-16 19:34:45.068 [DEBUG][1] No audio mapped. Will default to MPEG1 Layer II.

Finally the source file seems to be a movie and not a "real" live stream so there might be file characteristics that NextPVR's built it transcoding doesn't like.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4