NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Football Quits Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in the days when I used Media Center I would set a football game to record and then start watching about an hour to an hour-and-a-half later so I could just skip past commercials and watch the game in less time. I did that with two games this past weekend and it appears that they quit recording at about the time I began watching. Am I correct in assuming that I can't watch and see the whole game until it appears in "Ready Recordings" after the game is over?
GWCowling323 Wrote:Am I correct in assuming that I can't watch and see the whole game until it appears in "Ready Recordings" after the game is over?

You didn't specify what software (NextPVR on server or some client software) you were using. So I'm guessing that you're using a Kodi client. I know that with (at least some not all?) Kodi clients, if you begin watching a recording while it is still in-progress, playback will stop when it gets to the point where the recording was when you started watching. The recording will have grown/completed, but Kodi doesn't recognize the extended length. If you simply stop the playback and then restart it, you can continue from the point where you left off.
GWCowling323 Wrote:Am I correct in assuming that I can't watch and see the whole game until it appears in "Ready Recordings" after the game is over?
You can watch it while it's still recording. It wont cause the recording to stop early.

As BrettB mentions, there is a limitation in Kodi's player, that it'll only play the duration of the recording at the time you started playback thought. Are you using Kodi? You can play the recording again though, and it'll be longer next time.
sub Wrote:You can watch it while it's still recording. It wont cause the recording to stop early.

As BrettB mentions, there is a limitation in Kodi's player, that it'll only play the duration of the recording at the time you started playback thought. Are you using Kodi? You can play the recording again though, and it'll be longer next time.

Never heard of Kodi before this thread. Not using NextPVR on server or some client software.

Discovered that the recording was still there but the timeline wasn't. So my choices are continue watching with commercials I can't skip or wait until the game is over and drop the .ts file on comskip.exe to get a full timeline without having to watch commercials.