NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV Crop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When watching TV I prefer to always use "Fill" but some of the channels have a wavy line on top of the screen and there is no option to crop. I only need the picture to move up slightly and was hoping you could instruct me on how to do that. I am familiar with XML files and have edited them in the past so if there is a way to edit it to get the desired effect I can do that. Thank you for any consideration you can give me in this matter. I am using 16:9 Format
jal# Wrote:When watching TV I prefer to always use "Fill" but some of the channels have a wavy line on top of the screen and there is no option to crop. I only need the picture to move up slightly

You can change the existing aspect ratio settings and also add new ones by editing config.xml ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...nced#toc70 ... the description in the wiki is a bit sparse but you might be able to see how it works if you look at the config.xml file. NextPVR config files are at Users\Public\NPVR
Try something like:

<AspectRatioMode name="FillZoom">-0.02,-0.02,1.02,1.02</AspectRatioMode>
Thank you for your quick response. It worked great and I really appreciate it. I also have question about "Remove Letter Box" when I do decide to select it I still have about an inch of black on the top and bottom of the screen. It isn't a big deal but if you have any suggestions for it I would appreciate it. Thanks again for you response I sincerely appreciate it and absolutely love NPVR.
jal# Wrote:I also have question about "Remove Letter Box" when I do decide to select it I still have about an inch of black on the top and bottom of the screen. It isn't a big deal but if you have any suggestions for it I would appreciate it.
Yep, that's what it's supposed to do. It's for removing black bars at the top and bottom of video, to correct for the occasional channel that broadcast with the incorrect aspect ratio where the bars have been included as part of the video stream (ie, content that was "letterboxed" prior to broadcast).